Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I can't believe I'm recommending it because I've always thought its both the very best and VERY worst interview podcast, but Art of Wrestling has some choice moments, a massive archive, and it was at least the originator. If you can stomach Colt Cabana (which I accept is a big if for some, me included), there's some winners. If you can get hold of earlier ones it'll be full of guys that are now in WWE/NXT too, because he started so long ago that it was the era where they still weren't really arsed about bringing in indy guys without smashing them to pieces for years in OVW/FCW.

Colts has suffered a bit from its longevity. He's now 6 years in, and hasn't asked anyone on from wwe since the punk stuff started kicking off. Start as early as you can as per NEWM's recomendation, but don't be afraid to give some of the lesser known Wrestlers a listen to, as some have some very unique stories. I don't think colts as bad as a lot make out on here, he says the odd stupid thing, and some humour flies over his head, but even Austin is guilty of that on his

I'd say WWE lads are forbidden to do Colt's show what with the WWE doctor suing him and Punk.

Ā 

Pity about the timing now most of his mates are now hitting the big time with the E. He should just have Cliff Compton on every week.

Ā 

Bischoff's pod is hilariously carny. For the first two shows they made a big deal saying that their sponsorship deal (with a major company) doesn't kick in til next week so enjoy the show ad free while it lasts. They're now on to show 4, and no longer mention anything about sponsorship.

• Paid Members

Bischoff's pod is hilariously carny. For the first two shows they made a big deal saying that their sponsorship deal (with a major company) doesn't kick in til next week so enjoy the show ad free while it lasts. They're now on to show 4, and no longer mention anything about sponsorship.

Certain they were plugging a healthy food delivery service for a good few minutes on his last podcast...

Colt said on a podcast that he doesn't even know of they aren't allowed, he just stopped asking Wwe guys. Think someone said colt had unfollowed punk on twitter. Hadnt seen punk with any of his wrestling mates until Cliff posted a pic of them both last week

Anybody listened to the Bruce Pritchard podcast - something to wrestle with.

Ā 

Basically it's him and that Conrad Thompson (Ric Flair's mate), they pick a certain topic and go into detail, I have downloaded the 3 they have done so far, and listened fully to "Lex Express" last night at the gym, essentially talking about Luger and his run from 93 until he left in 95, what the plan was for the Summerslam 93 and all that malarkey. Really enjoyed it actually, and going to get on the "Mega Powers" one later, should be decent.

Ā 

I'd give it a thumbs up.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

I'm getting married this Sunday, so to celebrate we did a wrestling weddings specialĀ on the Royal Grumble this week. Naturally we discussed such luminaries as Al Wilson, Rico, Snitsky and Priest Eric Bischoff, plus of course there's the Macho Man and Elizabeth. We'd really appreciate it if you'd give it a listen; would be great to get some feedback too.

• Paid Members

I've listened to a few of Bischoff's podcasts and the one with Magnus was surprisingly insightful. Its a shame they're only 30 mins long, but I suppose that can also be a good thing if looking for something quick to listen to on the commute to work or something.

Its refreshing to see Bruce Pritchard providing a new take on the over-saturated podcast market. Didn't enjoy the Mega Powers episode as much as I thought I would, but the Lex Luger episode sounds great.

• Paid Members

loving Keepin It 100 with Konnan. The show operates under a bit of a different format to most podcast that just feature an interview in that it breaks interviews up into segments so they have about 15 minutes each week, but it works for me. Konnan himself as a host is great, funny guy and tells a great story. Wish i'd listened to more of his MLW stuff now.

I'd love to see Kane on Austin's show at some point, on the Network. Highly articulate, has been there for ages, has big history with Austin and he's at that stage in his career now where his gimmick is pretty much dead anyway and he's able to speak like an ordinary bloke.

Ā 

It'd be a big miss if it didn't happen at some point.

• Paid Members

Pat Patterson is today's episode of Steve Austin Unleashed

I started it last night but fell asleep. It starts off interesting as I only know snippets of his life. I was all up for getting his book and it sounds as if quite a chunk of it is alluded to in this podcast.

It's difficult to dislike Pat when you hear him chat.

You know all the sex claims shit back in the day, ex-employees stating they were propositioned etc, was it aimed at Pat? I've always assumed it was with him being the only openly gay guy in the back. Also the fact he had some credible power.

I've completely missed anything regarding who the supposed chap was.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi