YOUR CLOCKS GO BACK!

bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
So, when do we start the Christmas thread?

Your cuz already started the Xmas thread like over a month back.

Also as a general note, if you prefer winter to summer there's something wrong with you. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it and I don't trust you. I'm watching you!

Because it's easier to keep warm than it is to keep cool and because I don't spend about 3 months solid sneezing and overdosing on cetirizine.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, when do we start the Christmas thread?

Your cuz already started the Xmas thread like over a month back.

Also as a general note, if you prefer winter to summer there's something wrong with you. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it and I don't trust you. I'm watching you!

Because it's easier to keep warm than it is to keep cool and because I don't spend about 3 months solid sneezing and overdosing on cetirizine.

Two summers ago I managed to go antihistamine-free by changing my diet. I was taking the prescription-only anti-histamine Fexofenadine, which makes you feel generally unwell the whole summer but stops the sneezing and itching. Cut out dairy and wheat and severely curtail your sugar intake. Personally, I have a hair-trigger temper and when I was on this diet, I was calm as a Hindu cow. Problem is, sugar sandwiches are out.

EDIT: To clarify, sugar includes sugary fruit and fruit juice. Eat low sugar fruit and up your vegetable intake, too much animal protein is bad also.

• Paid Members

The food & drink element is a big thing for me too. It's a lot easier to persuade the household that a big vat of soup full of root veg followed by crumble & custard is the way forward when it's freezing outside. Plus I much prefer dark malty winter beers with hint of nuts, raisins or chocolate to their floral pale citrus-scented cousins. Youngs get out the Christmas Pudding Ale soon, love a bit of that. And yeah, hay fever is a right load of bumfuck. #teamwinter or something.

I don't know what it is, but I don't like it and I don't trust you.

That's fine, you neither liked or trusted me anyway.

• Paid Members

Winter rocks a fucking dick. And so does summer. Equally. Autumn (easily the most depressing time of year, for a multitude of reasons!) and Spring can go fuck themselves. I love that we've almost fucked up this earth enough that we more or less only have two extreme seasons rather than four, with two airy , fairy gay ones.

I'm of the strange mold in that when it comes to women, I'm as attracted to them scantily clad as I am wrapped up warm. I can't possibly describe it, but there's something about a girl snuggled up in winter apparell that I truly adore.

Also, Summer and Winter, more than Autumn and Spring (purely because they are more extreme I suppose) make me truly appreciate some of the wonder, magic and natural beauty of planet Earth.

• Paid Members
Equally. Autumn (easily the most depressing time of year, for a multitude of reasons!)

Yeah, everything looks half-dead, which it is really. Always depresses me that time of year.

EDIT: I tried to put a poll in here and it hasn't turned up. Strange.

• Paid Members
Spring can go fuck themselves. I love that we've almost fucked up this earth enough that we more or less only have two extreme seasons rather than four, with two airy , fairy gay ones.

Although normally Spring is shite, the last couple of years it has been better than summer in terms of weather. Especially last year, beautiful spring. Normally though it's just fucking rain, and so is Autumn but with less daylight and no blossom. So yeah, Autumn is the drizzling shits.

• Paid Members

Autumn always has so much colour and the weather is embracing. Few things makes me feel more alive than a crisp autumn morning and there's so much going on as the summer retreats and migrations start, it's beautiful to see

Spring too has so much colour and life to it in everything return.

Winter has nothing going on at all.

People always seem less sociable out and about in Winter than the rest of the year too.

• Paid Members

Put me in the winter > summer camp. Like a few have said, you can much more easily warm yourself up than cool yourself down. Christmas. Starbucks egg nog latte. I just picked up some jumpers and scarf and gloves. I've got a heater. I'm ready.

• Paid Members

One drawback to the clocks going back is that Sadbook and Twatter are fairly unreadable today. Everyone seems to be wetting themselves that they got an extra hour in bed. ZOMFG IT'S TOTES AMAZE like it's not been happening your whole lives. Can't wait for the annual "HUMPH have to go to bed an hour earlier sad face" posts in six months time. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived