YOUR CLOCKS GO BACK!

bAzTNM#1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Winter ROCKS. I was BORN in winter, baby. Birthday, Christmas, new year celebrations, Frankie's secret Santa thread, presents, valentines day where I get my yearly handjob (Thanks ma. Don't worry about the webbed fingers). I don't even mind the initial outbreak of ice because it might mean an extra day or two off work and not having to use the bloody A47 (anyone who knows this bleak, horrid roadway knows what I'm talking about. Make the whole thing a dual carriage way for the love of christ.)

January is also brilliant, everything just feels fresh and exciting. Obviously by February that all goes out of the window, but I digress. In January wrestling starts to actually get good again. You've got the Royal Rumble and all the build up to Wrestlemania, which more or less closes our winter in the UK and welcomes the spring. Even if the PPV's are shit Raws are usually quite good, and if nothing else it provides loads of debate on here. Also, you've got the January transfer window in the football, which in turn is when the season starts to hot up a little bit. The FA Cup starts proper as well, which despite never getting any further than the semi-finals once in a millennium from my team's p.o.v, still gets me going as a neutral. There's the year end awards on here, the PDC World Darts are on, there's craploads of football on, There's no X-Factor on television, there's loads of stuff I've probably missed too. And I'm going to see Electric Six on my birthday weekend. Danger! Danger!

Don't be such scrooges. Put a fucking jacket on.

• Paid Members

I look more stylish in winter as opposed to the tramp I look in summer but the world is so colourless. Spring, Summer and Autumn have so much colour and life to them. The world around me feels so alive.

Winter has fuck all.

• Paid Members

To be fair, apart from a brief couple of weeks in spring when the trees blossom and the odd day of sunshine, the rest of the year is just as grim and grey. I hate the weather in this country. Still, it's worse in winter where I see no daylight during the week- that's pretty depressing. Still, wearing scarves is a highlight.

• Paid Members

Apart from black ice and the country's transport systems inability to cope with an inch of snow I really enjoy everything else about winter. Dark nights are a bit grim yes but if it stops blokes from walking around half naked in the streets who really shouldn't be or melting in my office then its well worth it.

• Paid Members

I much prefer winter to summer on account of it being much easier to get warm when I'm too cold than cool down when I'm too warm. As noted, summer is also the mating season for the shirtless troglodyte, and everyone thinks it's a good idea to have barbecues, which are a good idea on paper but always seem to end up shit. I so miss the pub during all the enforced outdoor drinking - the pub looks after you during the harsh cold months and you abandon it by fucking off as soon as the football seasons finished.

Speaking of the football season, I love that over Decemberween the international qualifiers fuck off and we only have club football, and plenty of it. I'm hopefully going to Villa-Spurs on Boxing Day, fingers crossed it beats turkey sandwiches and a Bond film! Plus in a bizarre way, I like colder weather because the girls aren't walking around with few clothes on. In summer my own social ineptness hurts so much more because I'm reminded more frequently what I'm missing. At least during winter "let's not go out, it's fucking freezing" sounds better than "let's not go out, going out is shit and there are wankers everywhere. I'd rather watch telly over a glass of scotch then fall asleep to Babestation."

• Moderators
So, when do we start the Christmas thread?

Your cuz already started the Xmas thread like over a month back.

Also as a general note, if you prefer winter to summer there's something wrong with you. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it and I don't trust you. I'm watching you!

Archived