Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

At least once a week Tsuyoshi Kikuchi giving somebody the Fireball Bomb enters my head when Im about to sit on the loo.

Thats possibly the most random wrestling thought I have. Anyone else have moments wrestling seems to sneak into your head at the most random times?

• Awards Moderator

At least once a week Tsuyoshi Kikuchi giving somebody the Fireball Bomb enters my head when Im about to sit on the loo.

Thats possibly the most random wrestling thought I have. Anyone else have moments wrestling seems to sneak into your head at the most random times?

The shower at my girlfriend's old flat always used to remind me of Ryback. There's absolutely no connection between the two - really, absolutely none - and yet, every time I'd go in there, The Big Guy would pop into my head. Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

The shower at my girlfriend's old flat always used to remind me of Ryback. There's absolutely no connection between the two - really, absolutely none - and yet, every time I'd go in there, The Big Guy would pop into my head.

He WANTS you to think there's no connection.

Ryback -> Skip Sheffield -> Sheffield Wednesday -> Owls -> Barn Owls -> "Born in a barn" -> HarmonicGenerator has repressed memories of being walked in on while showering.

That'll be £250.

I loved all that weird operatic stuff they used to do but I do remember that one being a bit... unsummery, alright. Something more akin to an Unforgiven.

Who do we reckon are/were the main guys getting info to Meltzer over the years? I don't think I've ever heard anything even rumor wise and it'd be interesting to hear of some. I know he's friends with both Flair and Foley and that they hold him in high regard. right? Foley seems like a dead cert to me.

I'm just trying to think of the inner workings of it, really. I know the Observer probably popped a lot during the last boom but what could Meltzer have offered these guys for leaks that could possibly have compared to their contracts anyway? I wonder how loaded he is off a newsletter.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Turns out the person I sit next to in the office is into his wrestling and used to watch a lot of ROH back in the day.

About five years ago I sat next to a lady at work, and got talking wrestling. She told me she used to be a trainee in BritWres and and was one of Jonny Storm's rats in the day (she was hideous btw)

• Paid Members

Who do we reckon are/were the main guys getting info to Meltzer over the years? I don't think I've ever heard anything even rumor wise and it'd be interesting to hear of some. I know he's friends with both Flair and Foley and that they hold him in high regard. right? Foley seems like a dead cert to me.

I'm just trying to think of the inner workings of it, really. I know the Observer probably popped a lot during the last boom but what could Meltzer have offered these guys for leaks that could possibly have compared to their contracts anyway? I wonder how loaded he is off a newsletter.

Im sure Christian's name was mentioned last time this was asked, although I could be making that up.

I don't think he offered them anything. Wrestlers love to have a whinge.

• Paid Members

It's an interesting point. Maybe offered paid interviews/appearances later on, 6 month half price subscription, maybe a freddo and a panda pop.

Could be a case of he'd stay away from any negative write ups and pit them over a bit more to readers.

As chokeout said though, more than likely just the chance to moan on and a fair chunk of them were fans of his.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi