Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Odd Q but are UK Supershows a thing of the past now?

I used to fly over for them a few years back. The likes of ROH and NOAH and Dragon Gate by Mark Sloan. They felt huge. Has he stopped doing them or what would be my next best bet as eager to head over this year? Ta boyz!

Edited by boyfriend

Watching a Nitro from Jan 97 (As you do) Konnan v Super Calo. I know the Lucha style kinda gets a pass for some things but at one point Konnan hits Super Calo with a power bomb, then picks him up and hits him with a second one and then instead of going for a cover he walks over to the complete opposite corner and just sits casually on the turn buckle until Calo Springs back up to his feet and hits a hurricanrana. Disgraceful.

• Paid Members

I used to fly over for them a few years back. The likes of ROH and NOAH and Dragon Gate by Mark Sloan. They felt huge. Has he stopped doing them or what would be my next best bet as eager to head over this year? Ta boyz!

Rev Pro are selling out York Hall 3-4 times a year, Progress are running Brixton Academy in September... there's massive UK indy shows. Sloan is usually at the York Hall shows with his merchandise table.

Rev Pro have Kurt Angle vs Zack Sabre Jr headlining on June 12th. Tickets go on sale tonight.

• Moderators

I feel like you're just setting a trap for some intrepid punster with that post

If he's watching his run as The Dog he's probably close to being true in his opinion.

I was watching a match from 1990, but that just goes to prove his shitness over a long period of time

Rev Pro are selling out York Hall 3-4 times a year, Progress are running Brixton Academy in September... there's massive UK indy shows. Sloan is usually at the York Hall shows with his merchandise table.

Rev Pro have Kurt Angle vs Zack Sabre Jr headlining on June 12th. Tickets go on sale tonight.

Icw in glasgow hydro November 20th. No imports named to wrestle yet, Foley coming in as commissioner again

• Awards Moderator

When did audience cynicism become endemic in WWE?

It's always been there. Smarks of the time were critical of Hulk's impossible rise. On BBS there were moany groups, newsgroups were full of smarks (raises guilty hand), IGN had bitchy forums, WWE website's own message boards were vitriolic.

The difference is WWE appealed to an audience in the 90s and 2000s who are now of a cynical age, and now have a single place to pool their bile - reddit. Now the cynicism can be collected in one site and the moans become the regurgitated, accepted norm.

• Paid Members

I think it's just become endemic to society. The Twitter generation that can set out and abuse celebrity at any given point.

It's not just wrestling, although the type of person who may like wrestling would probably be of that ilk.

There's some truth in that, but in those mainstream cases it does stay on social media usually. You don't get people turning up to the X Factor tour just to boo the acts that Simon Cowell likes -- although maybe you would if the tour was televised and there was a chance of some attention for the idiots. WWE has made a rod for their own backs by encouraging the Maxwells. And to be fair, they've probably only done it because they know they're out of ideas on how to draw normals.

I haven't even watched a full episode of Raw since Punk left.

The weekly product isn't good.

Howay

• Paid Members

Don't get me wrong I like The Rock, but when you look at his tweets the amount of smoke he blows up his own arse these days is unreal.

What most annoys me is that he hashtags full sentences.

Don't misquote me and change what I am saying. That doesn't contribute anything at all and just makes you look stupid.

I still watch parts of Raw, but I just track down the bits that look appealing to me. Hence making me the opposite of someone who watches just to complain. Do you understand that concept?