Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Watching the 'Top 25 Rivalries' documentary on the network now. I know these lists are bullshit, but Hogan v Piper is apparently the 21st greatest feud of all time. Any post 2002 feud that comes on now will cause my blood pressure to rise just a notch!

Wasn't that documentary made when Hogan was still in TNA. They went through a phase of sticking him lower down their list things, wasn't he like #13 on their greatest of the 20th century or something?

• Paid Members

Some of it was really mad. Like they were doing the old "see, we arent bias" bit. Triple H is behind Eddie Guerrero and Curt Hennig is ahead of John Cena on that list. Those are just factually incorrect. I didnt get the mentality on that list at all. I get they were mad at Hogan, Bruno and Warrior, but why put Steamboat ahead of people like Cena and HHH? Steamboat was ahead of Andre, who they built the Hall of Fame for originally. No matter what you think of Steamboat's work, there's no way he's 7th of all time.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, but it appears that in 1979 the WWF program for a Nassau Coliseum announced Mickey Duff (as in the British boxing promoter) had been appointed WWF Vice-President. He replaced Hiroshi Shinma, who was promoted to president (which definitely happened, albeit as a figurehead while they had an agreement with New Japan.) No idea why they listed Duff or if he even knew about it.

What do u expect 6 days after it trawlling through a wrestling forum?

Not sure really. Maybe the fact that it says No News Item in the title or the fact that I wouldn't go any threads clearly marked spoilers. Maybe I'm expecting too much? Clearly.

Spoilers are forbidden for a couple of days after the show. Then it's your own problem.

Really? I never realised this! I mean obviously in the relevant thread to the event you expect it, but I thought in a No News Items thread I would be safe. Lesson learnt eh?

• Paid Members

It's probably been said many times but..................

The Dean Ambrose symbol is a blatant rip off of a Abyss.

No. Its a rip off of the anarchist symbol. As opposed to Abyss, who just has the anarchist symbol on his shirt, instead of coming up with his own logo. At least Ambrose has the "DA" design. Abyss just lifts the thing in its original form.