Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I hope Ry(silver)back is in line for a title shot. I'll go ape-shit if he doesn't get one.

That's my last ones. Please don't ban me.

I share my birthday with Curtis Axel (ugh), Robbie E (OK, not so bad), and Hector Guerrero (yay!).

Also, Axel and Guerrero were born the same year I was, too. That's surprising - I thought Guerrero was older.

I'm mistaking what you mean obviously because Curtis Axel is 25 years younger than Hector. What I have I misunderstood?

Completely changing topic, but I think I've witnessed one of the most brutal looking moves ever. A top rope "Greetings from Asbury park" by Bam Bam Bigelow to Hak through a table! It's brutal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsIQuY2xh-A

Edited by Ladiesman345

I've seen in a lot of places online these past few months peoples saying things along the lines of "Undertaker will probably go in the Hall of Fame next year BECAUSE it's in Texas".

I don't get that at all. He is genuinely from Texas, fair enough, but he's not one of the wrestlers who has significant history with their hometown as part of their career.

Older wrestlers who spent the prime of their careers in a certain territory getting inducted there does make sense. The Von Erich's & Funk's had to be inducted in Texas, The Sheik in Detroit, etc.

In the Hall of Fame topic on here, I read this morning people talking about The Freebirds going in next year. Similar to the Von Erich's, that one makes perfect sense.

But I'd count Undertaker as one of those who people would love to see being the main event inductee wherever it was. Same as Hogan, Warrior, Bret, Michaels, etc.

Of this generation, the only one I can think of who I'd like to see be inducted in his hometown is CM Punk. He always got an extra-crazy crowd reaction there, more than anywhere else.

My final thought on future Hall of Fame ceremonies is: would John Cena get booed as his own induction?

• Paid Members

Seth will make a great chimpion.

He's already gotten used to waiting in the Gorilla position.

I hope Ry(silver)back is in line for a title shot. I'll go ape-shit if he doesn't get one.

That's my last ones. Please don't ban me.

I share my birthday with Curtis Axel (ugh), Robbie E (OK, not so bad), and Hector Guerrero (yay!).

Also, Axel and Guerrero were born the same year I was, too. That's surprising - I thought Guerrero was older.

I'm mistaking what you mean obviously because Curtis Axel is 25 years younger than Hector. What I have I misunderstood?

The site I checked said Hector was born in 1979. I'm wondering if there's a member of the next generation of the Guerrero family called Hector.

(Baring in mind I want WWE to bring Samoa Joe in and give him an Umaga 2.0 character), I'd love to see a 6-way feud for the IC title this summer. Bryan - Rusev - Sheamus - Joe - Barrett - Itami. You could have all sorts of matches between them: singles, triple threats, tags, four way eliminations. At least it would feel like there was a reason for them which most mid-card matches don't. Even have the feud ender in the Elimination Chamber.

Assuming they stick with the elevation of the Intercontinental, Itami seems way more than a few months away from being good enough to compete for it. If he's even on the main roster by SummerSlam it might be too soon and end up with him being a Sin Cara type flop.

• Paid Members

The site I checked said Hector was born in 1979. I'm wondering if there's a member of the next generation of the Guerrero family called Hector.

Well, yeah. Otherwise the grizzled veteran Hector Guerrero that was appearing on Nitro in 1997 was only 18 at the time.

Assuming they stick with the elevation of the Intercontinental, Itami seems way more than a few months away from being good enough to compete for it. If he's even on the main roster by SummerSlam it might be too soon and end up with him being a Sin Cara type flop .

I was reading that Finn Balor was going to be joining the main roster soon, so you could swap out Itami for Balor (who I think will get over quite quickly with the crowd if they promote him well enough).

Edited by DJM

Assuming they stick with the elevation of the Intercontinental, Itami seems way more than a few months away from being good enough to compete for it. If he's even on the main roster by SummerSlam it might be too soon and end up with him being a Sin Cara type flop .

I was reading that Finn Balor was going to be joining the main roster soon, so you could swap out Itami for Balor (who I think will get over quite quickly with the crowd if they promote him well enough).

I was trying to make it 6 wrestlers from 6 different countries, to try and give some credence to the Intercontinental title. Sheamus is already in there (unless one is from Northern Island).

• Paid Members
I was trying to make it 6 wrestlers from 6 different countries, to try and give some credence to the Intercontinental title. Sheamus is already in there (unless one is from Northern Island).

Neither is. Sheamus is from Dublin, Balor from County Wicklow.

Neither is. Sheamus is from Dublin, Balor from County Wicklow.

That settles that.

I was all for the Lucha Dragons staying together but I'd enjoy seeing Kalisto mixing it up in the singles ranks. He could replace Itami in that 6. I know it's just fantasy booking and all but WWE need to start giving a lot of the mid-carders a reason to wrestle each other. NXT have it right. Even if there's no proper reason for why a match is happening, at least they say the wrestlers are trying to make a name for themselves. 

That's a lot easier on a one hour show where everyone's trying to get noticed for the main roster than it is on a three hour Raw full of the same shite. The commentators on Raw and Smackdown could talk about rising up the ranks and the winner's share of the purse money all they want, but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Actual storylines and directions are what they need on the main roster -- the commentators talking about how Rowan vs Fandango is an important match for getting into IC title contention isn't going to cut it.

• Paid Members

What's the opinion on Stephanie McMahon at the moment as an on-screen character. I've stated a few times that I just can't abide her. She gets bad heat for me where I just fast forward her if I have the chance. Her emasculating of characters is bloody awful. I mentioned my dislike of AJ in her retirement thread, but the one time I sympathized for her was when Stephanie treated her (and AJ WAS a heel at the time) like an absolute bitch. It was shocking as you could have built her as a defiant woman to a power mad corporate boss.

She's going to be fucking terrible all the way till the summer when Rousey potentially makes her tap out and she'll be back on tv after that, probably with no lasting effects. So while it will draw, the next night will it matter? She also sounds like a 4 pack smoker. She was a great performer but as an Authority figure these days she can fucking do one. She rarely shows arse, and regardless never matters much in the long run.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

She rarely shows arse,

I think we've covered this ;

Yeah that's the difference between Vince and Steph. Vince would constantly show his arse and get his comeuppance. Steph never does.

She did at WrestleMania last year, and this year. And several times in between.

Yeah. Steph & Hunter's mutual meltdown at Survivors was brilliant. That's your payoff to her being such a great heel, stuff like that.

Maybe you've still got a case for "rarely" but that's the point? If Steph was getting her comeuppance EVERY week it wouldn't be as satisfying.

I do think the babyfaces are often made to look weak and stupid by having to put up with some of Steph's verbals, but that doesn't take away from the fact she's a great performer. Absolutely fantastic bitch.

• Paid Members

You've got to look at who she shows arse for though. Vickie Guerrero on her way out the door, Ronda "not even in the company" Rousey, and Brie Bella.

Very few, if any of the actual regular performers she constantly buries on the mic, publicly humiliates or outright attacks ever get a comeback, that's why it was a momentous occasion when Sting didn't let her slap him. She's a fantastic bitch, but she does more harm to the product than good. HHH showed more arse for Rousey that she did.