Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

So I get to work tonight and I'm told that "the WWE wrestlers are in tonight, their management company have booked a booth". I get excited and start to wonder how and why John Cena is in Cardiff.

20 minutes in strolls Grandmaster Sexay with Scotty Too Hotty closely following. Major disappointment.

So I get to work tonight and I'm told that "the WWE wrestlers are in tonight, their management company have booked a booth". I get excited and start to wonder how and why John Cena is in Cardiff.

20 minutes in strolls Grandmaster Sexay with Scotty Too Hotty closely following. Major disappointment.

Was that in Live Lounge? I heard they were there tonight.

• Paid Members

How the fuck did the LOD travel with those shoulder pads. I'm just watching their return to the WWF in 97 and they are quite massive things. Did they take the spikes off seperately or something? Even then its a massive pain in the arse. They had a set of wrist pads as well with Spikes, but they dropped those quite quickly. I wonder if the WWF had the shoulder pads and spikes in their production truck or something. Poor Hawk and Animal must have had a right fart on otherwise.

Yeah it was. Scotty looked really healthy, Lawler Jr. looked like a fucking lobster. Bloke looked like he was about to explode.

Yeah it was. Scotty looked really healthy, Lawler Jr. looked like a fucking lobster. Bloke looked like he was about to explode.

Why have they been in Cardiff for the past week? I know they did the appearance Monday in Walkabout but I've been scratching my head as to why else they've been here.

Sucks to hear about Grandmaster but it's easy to see why after the abuse he's put his body through.

Movie rumour sites are reporting that Batista is playing the baddie in the Highlander remake! Obviously, the remake will never happen anyway, but I'm still excited.

How the fuck did the LOD travel with those shoulder pads. I'm just watching their return to the WWF in 97 and they are quite massive things. Did they take the spikes off seperately or something? Even then its a massive pain in the arse. They had a set of wrist pads as well with Spikes, but they dropped those quite quickly. I wonder if the WWF had the shoulder pads and spikes in their production truck or something. Poor Hawk and Animal must have had a right fart on otherwise.

The production truck might have kept hold of them, you know. They seemed to do a few meet and greets without them, anyway:

nov98tor_lod4.jpg

I don't remember Hawk being played by Shane Douglas in 1998, were they off TV by November?

LOD.jpg

Hawk standing up after both Kane and RVD's finishers and walking out like he's left the water running probably never helped their chances of full time employment.

I was thinking the exact same thing! It was almost as bad as Hercules getting straight up after being pinned after a Sid Justice powerbomb in a MSG match from late 1991, think it was Hercules last match for the WWF,

Back onto LOD, I reckon the production team must have kept hold of them, although I believe the spikes did actually come off, so potentially they could have transported them around. Cannot imagine Hawk doing that though, he had enough problems with the Helmet he was wearing during their return as LOD2000.

• Paid Members

Hawk standing up after both Kane and RVD's finishers and walking out like he's left the water running probably never helped their chances of full time employment.

I was thinking the exact same thing! It was almost as bad as Hercules getting straight up after being pinned after a Sid Justice powerbomb in a MSG match from late 1991, think it was Hercules last match for the WWF,

I'm not sure about the Hercules thing. It wasn't your usual Sid powerbomb. It was a snap one like Tenryu did to Smash at Wrestlemania 7. If it was the usual Sid powerbomb and he got straight back up, I'd give Hercules pelters.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

How the fuck did the LOD travel with those shoulder pads. I'm just watching their return to the WWF in 97 and they are quite massive things. Did they take the spikes off seperately or something? Even then its a massive pain in the arse.

I don't know if it happened in the WWF as well, but in that NWA angle where they "blinded" Dusty Rhodes by sticking a spike in his eye, they screwed one right off.