Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Still never understood why they did Mania 15 in such a relatively small venue, surely with them being absolutely on fire with all the mainstream attention they were getting they could've gone for a proper stadium show?

Bear in mind they usually have to book stadiums well over a year in advance, so they may not have realised how big things were going to get post-Tyson.

Still, you'd have to imagine they were making plans for WM2000 at some point during the time of Attitude popularity, yet they still never opted for somewhere with a decent capacity. It's hard to all make sense of.

Stadiums make such a big difference too. Take the Rumble 97 for instance; Ok, they lost a fortune, and had to practically beg people to take tickets off their hands - but the big time feel and visuals, added to the neat theme, all worked wonders, and made for a real memorable event which was great to look at, despite the wrestling being mostly a bit crap.

Shit, was that the only stadium PPV between Wembley and WM17?

Was the Sun Dome they used for the Royal Rumble in 1995 classed as a Stadium? 

Still never understood why they did Mania 15 in such a relatively small venue, surely with them being absolutely on fire with all the mainstream attention they were getting they could've gone for a proper stadium show?

Bear in mind they usually have to book stadiums well over a year in advance, so they may not have realised how big things were going to get post-Tyson.

Still, you'd have to imagine they were making plans for WM2000 at some point during the time of Attitude popularity, yet they still never opted for somewhere with a decent capacity. It's hard to all make sense of.

Stadiums make such a big difference too. Take the Rumble 97 for instance; Ok, they lost a fortune, and had to practically beg people to take tickets off their hands - but the big time feel and visuals, added to the neat theme, all worked wonders, and made for a real memorable event which was great to look at, despite the wrestling being mostly a bit crap.

Shit, was that the only stadium PPV between Wembley and WM17?

Was the Sun Dome they used for the Royal Rumble in 1995 classed as a Stadium?
I recently drove past the Sundome whilst on holiday in Florida this year and it was rather small compared to what I was expecting. Its based on a University campus off the motorway.

I would have said its capacity was no more than 7500 but according to Wikipedia its holds more than 10000.

Im a mark for wrestling arenas/stadiums so spotting the stadium that hosted Mania 24 and the arena in Orlando were Hogan beat Flair the 1st time in WCW was great.

Edited by Fanny Pack

I recently drove past the Sundome whilst on holiday in Florida this year and it was rather small compared to what I was expecting. Its based on a University campus off the motorway.

I would have said its capacity was no more than 7500 but according to Wikipedia its holds more than 10000.

Im a mark for wrestling arenas/stadiums so spotting the stadium that hosted Mania 24 and the arena in Orlando were Hogan beat Flair the 1st time in WCW was great.

You've just reminded me of this thread from a few years ago; http://ukff.com/topic/131258-wrestling-locations-on-google-maps/

Ok, it's not exactly seeing anything in person, but thanks to the greatness of streetview, it;s the next best thing, and I guess you'd probably have been into it. It never really took off as a thread, but it should have because It was a neat idea for a topic.

Edited by Reznor

As it stands, Flair's last match was against Sting, right? This one?

For some reason, I thought his last match was against Jay Lethal.  But you're right, and all things considered that's not the worst last match to have.