Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Random in the sense I don't follow the current product too well, but understand that Rusev is still doing the anti-American gimmick (well pro-Russian perhaps).

Just wondering aloud if this is a potential mechanism to get Hogan or Angle in the frame for a one off Mania match after some good ol' Uncle Sam boys are destroyed by the foreign enemy.

Hogan in the corner of someone maybe, no chance of him working a match.

Angle would be possible, but if the story of HHH telling him he's not interested than Angle is going to be tied up with GFW.

Rusev will get fed to Cena at some point and will then disappear into mid card comedy territory

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Random in the sense I don't follow the current product too well, but understand that Rusev is still doing the anti-American gimmick (well pro-Russian perhaps).

Just wondering aloud if this is a potential mechanism to get Hogan or Angle in the frame for a one off Mania match after some good ol' Uncle Sam boys are destroyed by the foreign enemy.

That would be awesome but I think Cena or Bryan will get the Rusev match at Mania. Thinking ahead to Mania does anyone have a feel yet to what the main matxhes will be?

Heres my crack at it...

Reigns v Lesnar

Cena v Rusev

Batista v HHH

Taker v Ambrose

Bryan v Rollins

Taker vs. Ambrose? Any particular reason for that one?

Not really no.

Ambrose didnt have a match (there was Orton but fuck that at Mania) so I thought throw him in with old Takes'. Also "the 2 in 21-2" has a good ring to it haha

Chalk me up for somebody else who would like to see Taker losing clean to Bryan at Mania.

Edited by Fanny Pack

I reckon it's going to be Taker vs. Sting if he wrestles again. I couldn't see it happening all these years prior that it's been speculated, but IF Taker wrestles again that would be the logical match. Again, that's IF. I don't care so much for the match itself, but it's all in the build. If they get it right, it'd be a great way for Taker to bow out.

If Sting wrestles at any mania, I think the best option to go with is Tripe H, assuming Sting is the babyface and is going to win, I dnt know who else they could throw in against him that wouldnt chance the crowd turning against him, if hes in there with Taker/Cena...then id guess the WWE crowd would probably cheer for either of them, obviouly crowds have turned against Cena but hes still always got huge reactioins. If Taker was to come back after getting beat last year I couldnt see him not getting cheered. The other notible star, whos a heel is Brock, but he practically runs on "cool as fuck" so again, id see the crowd siding with the beast over Sting who they havent seen in a long while, if at all. Thats not a knock on the Stinger either, just think his opponent has to be a heel who isnt going to get cheered.

Would it complete tarnish the winning streaks legacy if he suddenly went on a losing streak?

Not really, just say undefeated at Wrestlemania for 21 years. Or 21 year winning streak. They don't have to highlight losing the last two matches by using a 21-2 tag line. Plenty of reasonable ways around it, not to mention it's The Undertaker. He'd have to put Cena's flaccid penis in his mouth on live TV to lose his aura.

I'm not huge on Sting vs. Taker at WrestleMania either. In previous years they could've built a story around it and Taker's streak would still be alive.

It would just feel like an exhibition match between two old guys where it's hard to pick a rightful winner to go over.

Definitely interested in some sort of power story between Sting and Triple H though. And they'd have a very good match too.

Edited by Winston

Triple H vs. Sting would work, but if Taker is on the card as well then who does he go against? I'm not convinced Daniel Bryan is the answer. Again, if Taker were to wrestle again, he'd want to do it for something special. The Sting match is and there's enough interest in the match. I'm not saying it's the best choice or my personal preference, but it's the logical Taker match.

If Taker doesn't wrestle, by all means have Sting vs. Triple H.