May - Extreme Rules/Backlash/any other name or gimmick

June - Payback/Great American Bash/any other name or gimmick

July - Bash at the Beach

August - Summerslam

September - Fall Brawl

October - Halloween Havoc

November - Survivor Series

December - Starrcade

A three month run of Great American Bash > Bash at the Beach > SummerSlam would cause some brand confusion, but aside from that I like the idea of using the strongest portfolio of event titles they have access to. Can't believe there's never been a WWE Halloween Havoc.

The horse has probably bolted now but if they'd started running Starrcade in December 2001 (maybe having the InVasion storyline culminate there) the brand would likely be strong enough to add at least an extra 50-100k buys to what their December PPVs have done since.

That's when Sting and Luger were in league as heels I think. Sting went face again at Mayhem the next month. It was a fucking horrible run.

I thought Sting had never been heel before his Main Event Mafia heel turn?

I remember that Sting heel run. Wasn't that when they changed his music from the Crow theme to the other one?

Yeah, they gave him Seek and Destroy by Metallica (replaced pretty quickly by an instrumental version). Because if hitting Hulk Hogan with a baseball bat won't get you booed maybe a new kick-ass entrance theme will....

I was telling a mate who doesn't follow the wrestling about the Foley/Funk death matches from back int he day, and he was incedulous that I'd swallowed the line about them using real C4.

Can anyone tell me, hopefully with sources, whether the C4 was real? Or have I been duped by Foley's first book?