Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I went over to Belfast for a house show in October 2004. Eddie had a great match with Angle. Probably better than most of the TV stuff they did. Everything just clicked.

Before the show I was wandering around the Odyssey cokplex and the wrestlers coaches arrived. Dawn Marie and Eddie were the only wrestlers to sign autographs and take pictures with the fans. Eddie looked absolutely fucked, but would put on that cheeky face for the pics with the kids then fall back into looking like a ghost.

Edited by Ant

Today marks the 14th anniversary of the death of Owen Hart. I'm just reading his widow's book, Broken Harts, and it certainly paints a painful figure of not only a man killed in a negligent stunt, but a whole family of money/fame hungry nutters all out for their slice of the pie. Obviously we all know the stories of the Hart family and how mental a lot of them were, but to read just how desperate some of them were to take Vince's side so they could ask for jobs is breathtaking. Their baby brother died in a tragic stunt, and instead of wanting justice, they wanted employment through Vince's guilt.

Think I shall go and watch the Hart And Soul DVD and relive some of his matches.

That's a thought I've had whilst reading the book. The clip used only needed 6lbs of pressure, such as lifting your arms above your head, to release it. So to know this, and still use it to suspend a 230lb guy 70ft above an arena is surely criminal. And the fact that the guy who designed the rigging was by all accounts not even a senior guy but a helper if you will. So he even lied about his credentials and was proven to be inexperienced with the rigging needed for the stunt to be done safely. Surely HE should have had some jail time. Wouldn't have brought Owen back, but at least would have shown that he was at least culpable in Owens death.

Did Eddie have any stand out matches in 04 - 05 though? I remember the ones with Rey being nothing on their WCW stuff.

They had a Smackdown match in June of 2005 that was probably better than any of their WCW stuff, including Halloween Havoc. I seem to remember the match revolving at least partially around Eddie having a massive bruise on his side. One of the best Smackdown matches ever, I'm pretty sure it's on Eddie's big DVD set.

• Paid Members
They had a Smackdown match in June of 2005 that was probably better than any of their WCW stuff, including Halloween Havoc. I seem to remember the match revolving at least partially around Eddie having a massive bruise on his side. One of the best Smackdown matches ever, I'm pretty sure it's on Eddie's big DVD set.

I remember that match, I loved it as well. It was definitely the highlight of their 2005 feud. It's on Rey's 'Biggest Little Man' set, I think it's the Cage match from Sep 2005 which is on Eddie's set.

Did Eddie have any stand out matches in 04 - 05 though? I remember the ones with Rey being nothing on their WCW stuff.

Not the Eddie set... it's on the Rey "Biggest Little Man" set, but yeah, I agree. Incredible match.

• Moderators
Yeah wasnt Cena/WWE sued over it? Mainly as it wasnt a sample he just completely copied it.

A quick look online suggests that they did sample it, but just didn't clear the sample which is what MOP sued for. They dropped the suit, but no statement was made about what the settlement was, if anything.