Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Ahhh. That few months of 1999 where everyone with any name value wrestled each other within a six week period, where Hogan wrestled Page on Nitro, where Goldberg had his first match with Flair on Nitro, where they gave away Page/Sting for the World title midway through a Nitro and flopped it back in a four-way at the end of the show, where Nash jacknifed Flair so hard he went to the nuthouse.... where there were zero fresh matches saved for Pay Per View, at all. Even after several wrestlers turned which at least meant they had a different heel/face dynamic to the same matches, they still didn't save anything for PPV.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Is that to me? Because I get neither reference.

It's for the guy that came up with the monkey meme. Missing the point somewhat that whether the monkeys know why they stop each other climbing the ladder is irrelevant ; they're still better off not climbing. We're smarter than the monkeys in that we're intelligent enough to ask the question, perhaps, of "why does this stupid hole of logic appear regarding "evil authority figures" in our wrestling TV show?" But it's still futile to ask the question. The stupid logic holes appear because they always have and they always will. If you start to question anything in regards to the logic where the people in charge get away with displaying inherent unfair bias, you'll drive yourself mad. You'll carry on trying to climb the ladder, no matter how many times the other monkeys beat you up.

That few months of 1999 where everyone with any name value wrestled each other within a six week period, where Hogan wrestled Page on Nitro, where Goldberg had his first match with Flair on Nitro, where they gave away Page/Sting for the World title midway through a Nitro and flopped it back in a four-way at the end of the show, where Nash jacknifed Flair so hard he went to the nuthouse.... where there were zero fresh matches saved for Pay Per View, at all.

WWE would be in the same boat, if they didn't have wrestlers who they can only afford for sporadic pay-per-view matches. Take away the likes of Sting and Lesnar, and how often do they ever have a singles match on PPV that seems new/fresh/important? Bryan vs Reigns at the last one, obviously, and Cena vs Rusev. But before that... Ambrose vs Rollins at SummerSlam?

Some twat who does motivational speaking for a living has been watching Money in the Bank matches.

:laugh:

• Paid Members

Is that to me? Because I get neither reference.

It's for the guy that came up with the monkey meme. Missing the point somewhat that whether the monkeys know why they stop each other climbing the ladder is irrelevant ; they're still better off not climbing. We're smarter than the monkeys in that we're intelligent enough to ask the question, perhaps, of "why does this stupid hole of logic appear regarding "evil authority figures" in our wrestling TV show?" But it's still futile to ask the question. The stupid logic holes appear because they always have and they always will. If you start to question anything in regards to the logic where the people in charge get away with displaying inherent unfair bias, you'll drive yourself mad. You'll carry on trying to climb the ladder, no matter how many times the other monkeys beat you up.

Nice...!

• Paid Members

WWE would be in the same boat, if they didn't have wrestlers who they can only afford for sporadic pay-per-view matches.

Very true. And yet, I carried on watching Nitro. Regardless of how many times the other monkeys beat me up.