Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Just seen So Cal Val share a gif of her being superkicked by Joey Ryan which then linked to a video of him 'boobplexing' women

I trust he is a heel? And even if he is it's still dodgy as fuck

I remember seeing reference to Candice La Rae doing ballsplexes — does that have something to do with it?

So neil is brill was talking shit after all when he said it was a one off.

What's your point? Big deal, you were right about something on the internet. It's astonishing that you've held on to a single specific post just to post a needless reply. If you'd watched any WWE programme since my post about the LED board, you already would've known that I was "talking shit" as you so wondefully put it as they've not stopped using the fucking thing. My apologies for having an opinion, next time I have one, I'll be sure to go to a discussion board to talk about it next time...

Remembering one thing from a discussion 3 months ago is keeping a 'dossier' now is it?  The topic was brought up again, I remembered it, and spent 15 seconds doing a search to see who the discussion was with.  I barely even look who the poster is when I read stuff on here, let alone remember them.  There's only 2 people who post on here whose posts are interesting enough to remember who posted it, and that's kingpitcos and iandrewdiceclay.  Get over yourself if you think I spent 3 months remembering you and waiting for a chance to bring you up.  

Anyways, on the subject of those LED screens on the ring.  I don't think it looks shit, as such, it just looks so much better on NXT for some reason.  I think the fact that they haven't drawn attention to it in any way is good, but as you can barely see it most of the time, it does seem almost pointless.

Also.  I don't get the Dolph Ziggler hate.  He's definitely better suited character wise to being a heel, but his ring style was bound to turn him into a massive good guy eventually.  I guess the trouble is he still acts like a heel a lot of the time.  The live crowds...kids and grown ups alike seem to love him though, so he can't be doing that much wrong.

Edited by The Dart

Remembering one thing from a discussion 3 months ago is keeping a 'dossier' now is it?  The topic was brought up again, I remembered it, and spent 15 seconds doing a search to see who the discussion was with.  I barely even look who the poster is when I read stuff on here, let alone remember them.  There's only 2 people who post on here whose posts are interesting enough to remember who posted it, and that's kingpitcos and iandrewdiceclay.  Get over yourself if you think I spent 3 months remembering you and waiting for a chance to bring you up.  

Anyways, on the subject of those LED screens on the ring.  I don't think it looks shit, as such, it just looks so much better on NXT for some reason.  I think the fact that they haven't drawn attention to it in any way is good, but as you can barely see it most of the time, it does seem almost pointless.

Also.  I don't get the Dolph Ziggler hate.  He's definitely better suited character wise to being a heel, but his ring style was bound to turn him into a massive good guy eventually.  I guess the trouble is he still acts like a heel a lot of the time.  The live crowds...kids and grown ups alike seem to love him though, so he can't be doing that much wrong.

Still, bringing up something from 3 months ago, just to say "that was shit, innit" and not adding to the discussion in any way, shape or form is a bit stupid really.

As it stands, at the time of discussion, the LED board was used on 1 NXT special and never used on TV. Then it appears at Wrestlemania, y'know, that event where the stage is big and where they spend all their money on making it look unique for that particular year. At that time, it was a fairly safe to assume it was a Wrestlemania only thing.

You posted that childish comment simply to, and successfully, get a rise. I'm more the fool for falling for it though.

You sure are.  And you're still wrong about how often it had been used on NXT....but no matter.  And you've changed your reasons for thinking it was a one time only thing now....also no matter.

Apologies for not adding to the discussion more, I've done that now, and I agree with Bosco on that one.  The NXT 'arena' is quite dark, so it being there is noticeable, and really adds to the entrances.  And I guess because the 'arena' is so small, you can't help but notice it.  On WWE shows, there's so much else to look at you might not even notice it's there.

Edit - So I searched my posts. Wrestlemania hadn't even happened at the time of posting, so I stand corrected. I said the LED board was there so they could switch over to the Smackdown theme quickly, that one time they taped Smackdown directly after Raw. Looking back, it was a daft thing to say, but there's still no need for the childish post. We're done here now.

Edited by neil is brill

Just re watching Wrestlemania XIX. In the Hogan - McMahon match I'm just baffled by why Spanish commentator Hugo took a chair shot and bladed. Just seemed pointless and no purpose. Didn't even cause a distraction for Hogan. Infact Hogan didn't seem at all bothered he hit a innocent commentator with a chair. I'm guessing they were just going for the anything can happen vibe.

Pretty much. They hurled everything at that match, Vinces ladder dive, the dodgy ref and Piper showing up. I love it, it's surreal and mad and everything wonderful about wrestling.

I think they just wanted to emphasise the chaotic destruction of it all. It's the owner fighting his biggest star and even innocent staff members get caught up in the rampage.

I've noticed any time I see NWO Red & Black/Wolfpac brought up online (usually Lance Storm's Twitter or Wrestlecrap) they slag it off and go on about what a shite idea it was, is this the common opinion?

My only real viewing of WCW in 98/99 was my mate swapping WCW Thunder for Tekken 2, they were cool as fuck! And regardless of that, they made sense booking wise (fallen out with Hogan, still don't like WCW) and business wise (must've sold a shitload of shirts)

So is it just Lance Storm and the Wrestlecrap lads being miserable twats or do they have a point?