Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Watching old rumbles and never seen the match before, but Ahmed Johnsons dive over the top is pretty nuts as is Jarretts guitar shot to the head off the top!!! We're they feuding at the time?

Very,very briefly. JJ attacked Ahmed the month before with a gold cd,,,,left for WCW shortly after the Rumble

They did for a very short while. Jarrett smacked Ahmed with a gold disc for his album ( or some other nonsense) at In Your House in December 95, which then lead to the match at the rumble. Jarrett left soon afterwards due to a "contract dispute" and then showed in WCW in October of 96. Johnson didn't do much until he started to feud with Goldust around May

• Paid Members

A 'King' beauty from IYH international incident 96.

Vince: due to rib injuries, Jakes 'Roberts' not able to compete at in your house

JR: Jake was hospitalised and will be watching in Snow Mountain Georgia

King: Snow Mountain Georgia, whens the Betty Ford clinic in Snow Mountain Georgia?

Vince: oh well never mind

King: huh?

Hey guys, long time member who reads the UKFF everyday but, in my voyeuristic nature, tend to just watch from afar as opposed to 'joining in' and giving my own two cents.

I fly to the U.S on Sunday with a planned 3-month sport binge ahead of me. Mostly it's basketball I'm going for but I also have tickets for the Memphis PPV, next night's Raw and also Mania weekend in the San Fran area. The plan is to blog about my travels as I go. In preparation I've started said blog with a few postings about some of my previous sporting escapades.

I've just finished a post about our beloved pro wrestling - http://www.iloveroundballs.com If you fancy some wrestling nostalgia then humour me by having a read.

Mods, if this is against house rules, feel free to delete. i just thought, if I can't shill it in a pro wrestling forum, where can I!

Oh...and ignore the part about wrestling fans being a 'strange bunch'. I wasn't talking about us cool cats, of course! I

Edited by forestblue

Watched the Austin v McMahons Ladder Match from KOTR 99 last night, when Blackman came out at the start as a swerve i remembered being 12 at the time and thinking "Well Austin is fucked now, Steve Blackman is solid".

Austin was the man but 12 year old me knew that if Blackman or Shamrock got a title shot Austin would defo get beat.

Did i think Blackman was solid because i was 12 or are there any older members here who thought the same at the time, especially when he was havin them car park (or Iron Circle) matches with Ken in mid 99.

Blackman and Shamrock both looked solid. WWE could do with more who have that look about them.

Great point, if you saw Zack Ryder or Miz in the street you'd just walk past them, even when Blackman was pushed down into Head Cheese and the Hardcore 24/7 stuff, he still looked hard as fuck

• Paid Members

Can someone tell me what the point is in putting the IC strap on Barrett, only to have him lose clean on every show every week?

That's pretty much how they've booked every Intercontinental champ for the past couple of years. No idea of the thinking behind that policy.

• Paid Members

Can someone tell me what the point is in putting the IC strap on Barrett, only to have him lose clean on every show every week?

That's pretty much how they've booked every Intercontinental champ for the past couple of years. No idea of the thinking behind that policy.

When you win the title, they book you in a load of non-title matches. You're not going to have the motivation to get yourself up for those matches when there are major title defences just around the corner. It's only natural that even a guy like BNB would only put 75% into those matches. The opponent though is a guy trying to prove himself worthy and so he wants it just that bit more.

I just watched last years Rumble match again and I really enjoyed it, although probably for all the wrong reasons.

I honestly think perennial babyface Rey Mysterio getting booed out of the building after entering at #30 is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in wrestling. The crowd were FUMING that Daniel Bryan didn't appear at all, and returning babyface Batista winning the match to a chorus of disapproval is almost as amusing. They couldn't have screwed up more if they'd have tried  :D , the whole thing but especially from the time of Mysterio's entry and after Punk is thrown out is comedy gold. 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz