Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

You could have a top face finally about to get his hands on Heyman one week when everyone knows Brock isn't around to save him. Then you could have the Dudleys make their return running in to make the save. 3D through a table, and the show goes off the air with Heyman and his 'no one is as smart as me' smile.

Considering the reaction Cena gets , the place would fucking explode if they did that to him.

But yeah, I can only envision WWE using him again if D-Von came with him and even then it would be for a very short nostalgia run kind of like what the new age outlaws had this year

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Difference is, the Outlaws are Triple H's pals. Where as Bully Ray has the "doesn't know how to work" label on him after injurying Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista in the space of a month and headbutting Pat Pattersons little french "mate" on a house show. I doubt they'll ever be back hearing the stories of how much he's disliked by everyone with any power there. Its not like they've been doing movies for the last 10 years. Their contracts come up every other year, and they never express any interest in them. Bully Ray seems more at home in a secondary promotion anyway. I imagine he'll join up with whoever is the number 2 next year. Whether its TNA or whoever takes TNA's place if the worst comes to worst.

The idea that Bully Ray would come in as a singles wrestler is madness. He's 42 and they pay no attention to anyone doing well in another promotion. Even the "indy superstars" start off on the bottom. Bully Ray is fat Bubba Ray to them. No matter how great he is as a heel.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Id like to see no ECW guys in it. It's dead, let it die rather than bringing it back to ever diminishing returns every couple of years. Wanna bring someone out for nostalgia? Bill fucking Dundee. He's a better worker than all of the ECW lot anyway.

Who?

If you don't know the Superstar you don't know wrestling. On Saturday nights at the age of 70 or whatever he still pisses on most from a great height.

My point wasn't actually HAVE BILL DUNDEE AT THE RUMBLE, and to think that would be a tell tale sign of being cretinous, but instead fuck ECW and the dead horse it rode in on. If I never see any kind of reboot, reunion or nostalgia bullshit for it ever again it'll won't be soon enough. Fuck nostalgia, in fact. People are always rose tinting shit instead of using critical eyes. I hate nostalgia these days. Fuck it. And ECW.

• Moderators

But that's not now is it. One being an agent and one working as a trainer in NXT, both jobs working closely with Trips and which he probably brought them in for, means what was said in the past means less than fuck all. It's all about the now, and now they're very much part of the family.

But that's not now is it. One being an agent and one working as a trainer in NXT, both jobs working closely with Trips and which he probably brought them in for, means what was said in the past means less than fuck all. It's all about the now, and now they're very much part of the family.

Well yeah,  as I said they may well have patched things up.

But they certainly had a strong dislike or hatred for him based on what they said there.

The fact they're back in the WWE means fuck all as to whether they're his pals. They're there to pay their bills.

• Moderators

HHH wouldn't have rehired them if there was still that heat. It's jobs for the boys! Why were they pissed at him then? Because they were on drugs and in TNA. I'd be fucking angry if my former peer were at the zenith of the industry and I was feuding with the Rock N Rave.

• Paid Members

During some random press day a few years ago, I mind when somebody brought up Scott Steiner bad mouthing him in some shoot. Obviously, the interviewer was expecting a big put down or retort, but Triple H gave the most sensible and big cocked answer of something like "I'm good friends with Scott. He's only saying all that because he's looking to get some press".

Triple H is smarter about all this than us twats. He knows how it goes.

• Paid Members

Last night, one of my friends started posting on Facebook, annoyed at being forced to watch wrestling by her boyfriend, and compared wrestling to Strictly Come Dancing. This included her posting footage of Aries vs Joe and saying they were performing pasodoble. It's made me think about the rumours of Bischoff wanting to do a show where the performance was judged and awarded points, similar to how these dance shows are judged now.

Got me wondering if something like this could work in the current era? It would be extremely exposing to the business but I reckon it would be entertaining, perhaps even interesting. It could follow a similar format to Strictly, with veterans working with celebrities or maybe something be more akin to TUF or Tough Enough with aspiring wrestlers and indie guys competing against each other with veterans as judges.

I mainly like this idea because it struck me that you could make weekly challenges from the likes of "You have 90 seconds of promo time and a 7 minute match on this weeks show. Your aim is to increase interest in this months PPV." or "One of you needs to take time off. Work an injury angle into your much and sell it as believable to the fans." etc.
Edited by Au