Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

The WWE title has changed hands 50 times since the World Title was introduced in 2002. I'm including Lesnar's first reign in that.

In comparison there's been 55 different reigns of the World Heavyweight championship since 2002.

Included in these figures are the reigns since the belts were unified in December.

Would it be possible for someone to work out a linear champ/Ring champ style list? I.e who was the linear champ through the dual-belt era.

If you take as your starting point the first unified WCW/WWE champ, Chris Jericho, and then follow who beat him for the title etc. etc. up to the reunification.

That would probably be a more realistic way of looking at it.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
I only found out tonight that Andre the Giant grew up in the same village where Samuel Beckett lived, and that Beckett used to take Andre to school. This feels like something I should have known already.

Been watching QI?

• Awards Moderator
I only found out tonight that Andre the Giant grew up in the same village where Samuel Beckett lived, and that Beckett used to take Andre to school. This feels like something I should have known already.

Been watching QI?

Nope, was sent a link to a list of facts about the Princess Bride, and it was among them. The list probably got it from QI, though!

The WWEs stop start pushes are definitely a source of massive frustration sometimes, but when it serves to just give somebody SOMETHING for a bit and they completely nail it, it's a nice bit of fun for a time capsule. I just burned an hour or so watching the best of the R-Truth heel turn and title feud with Cena. It didn't make him a legit star in the end, or leave any sort of lasting legacy as such, but as an old-fashioned Hogan era 'baddie of the month' it was fucking blinding. I think, especially in this generation, that's enough of an imprint, and it's sad that more guys can't just get away with a 1-2 month run where they're THE reason to watch Raw that week.

• Paid Members

Trending isn't about pure popularity, it's a measure of how much people are talking about a particular topic at a particular time compared to normal levels. So something like WWE that's got a decent TV audience and airs live stands a better chance of trending during the broadcast.

For what it's worth, the CMLL Anniversary show last year trended worldwide at one point based solely on having a few hundred mentions in the space of an hour.

It's also worth remembering that in most cases the Trending list you see on the site is personalised and based on who you follow and your location, rather than being the actual "trending worldwide" list.

It's also worth remembering that in most cases the Trending list you see on the site is personalised and based on who you follow and your location, rather than being the actual "trending worldwide" list.

Aha, that would explain it. I didn't realise that it was based on preference.

• Paid Members
Trending isn't about pure popularity, it's a measure of how much people are talking about a particular topic at a particular time compared to normal levels. So something like WWE that's got a decent TV audience and airs live stands a better chance of trending during the broadcast.

For what it's worth, the CMLL Anniversary show last year trended worldwide at one point based solely on having a few hundred mentions in the space of an hour.

Does that mean that WWEs 'trending worldwide' boasts are down to the fact that they're looking at it from their own account?