Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
You know who's fucking awesome? Jesse from the bromans. Guy is just on point with everything. When tna fails I hope he gets a look in with WWE.

I've thought that for a long time. Actually since his second match into his run - not that he was particularly great in himself, but he looked very good for a green guy who might, if he continued his development, evolve into something really good.

I love the Bro-Mans anyway. Robbie E is excellent, and DJ Z has to be one of the best and most original interpretations of a third man/outside interference runner I've ever seen.

I was watching the Nova shoot and it amazes me how every time you hear about WWE around 2005 it sounds like the most miserable place on earth. Every time someone talks about Benoit he comes across as a future child murderer. Nova tells a story of how Benoit and a bunch of his little bully mates treated Justin Roberts like shit because he threw t-shirts like a girl. So they look this as an opportunity to bully the weak. The worst thing was they nicked his passport when he was over here on a UK tour so he couldn't fly back. What a shitbag. He also bullied Matt Striker and Muhammad Hassan.

Benoit is such a horrible twat by the sounds of it. Amazing we only heard great stuff about him when he was alive. A lot of the roster sounds horrendous.

Bullying and harrassment dressed up as respect and paying your dues.

Bollocks, it's all retarded. Remember one guy who'd just got on tv actually flew home early from a European tour as he was fed up of JBL's shite. Was he called Palmer Cannon?

Edited by Ant

• Paid Members

Gorilla and heenan will always be my fondest of commentary pairings. But going back to Vince, I really liked him especially with JR and King at the early IYH events.

Vince would play the usual OTT style, whilst banging on about fairness yet siding with the good guys regardless of cheating (unless they were about to turn like 123 kid). Then you had king who would constantly try to crack cak jokes, but sometimes boardering on what was close to the mark. You could almost hear the stare from Vince with gritted teeth.

Alongside those two you had JR who presented the stats and facts but little else. This is IMO is what he was best at, bit like Mike.T in the mid 90's for WCW.

I really liked the blend. Agreed that most of it is nostalgia but the Vince'isms was part of the enjoyment. Never quite been recaptured.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Agree with Ian both in that he sounds like a complete cunt of a human being and that it's odd that no-one really had a bad word to say about him previously.

Is that an indication that what is deemed acceptable in a wrestling locker-room environment has changed dramatically over the last ten years? If so, good.

WWE should do a World Cup themed knockout tournament this summer with a wrestler representing each country in the WC. That'll appeal to the international markets. Obviously they'd have to Kayfabe some of the wrestlers' nationalities but WWE are no strangers to that. Black wrestlers are from anywhere hot/developing nation. European countries are all one and the same to them. Etc..

Agree with Ian both in that he sounds like a complete cunt of a human being and that it's odd that no-one really had a bad word to say about him previously.

Is that an indication that what is deemed acceptable in a wrestling locker-room environment has changed dramatically over the last ten years? If so, good.

Probably either viewed as acceptable, or the people that saw it as unacceptable were too scared to speak out.

London and Spanky's first shoot interview has a pretty surreal/funny Benoit related story in it. Well surreal to me, it was probably bland in terms of the wrestler court type stuff. I mean I'm sure it was reported that Muhammed Hassan's wrestling court happened on the roof of a hotel, and he feared he was going to be thrown off - it was something so ridiculous.

I think it was purely that he had workrate points, so when he bullied someone, it was because he respected the business. When JBL and Holly did it, it was because they were dickhead bullies. There were a fair few of those stories about Benoit before he died, they were just always presented as positives. Wrestling is a world of loons, and seems quite like (my TV-inspired imaginary versions of) a fraternity/motorcycle club in that you can be a really vile bastard and your brothers will still back you. Roboto's stature in the industry gave him a free pass. For some people, it still does even now.

WWE should do a World Cup themed knockout tournament this summer with a wrestler representing each country in the WC. That'll appeal to the international markets. Obviously they'd have to Kayfabe some of the wrestlers' nationalities but WWE are no strangers to that. Black wrestlers are from anywhere hot/developing nation. European countries are all one and the same to them. Etc..

Barrett - England

Cesaro - Switzerland

Big E - USA

Rusev - Russia

Kofi - Ghana

Adam Rose - South Africa

Alberto Del Rio - Mexico

El Torito - Spain

Bit of creative input, but sorted.

• Paid Members

Barrett - England

Cesaro - Switzerland

Big E - USA

Rusev - Russia

Kofi - Ghana

Adam Rose - South Africa

Alberto Del Rio - Mexico

El Torito - Spain

Bit of creative input, but sorted.

Adam Rose is meant to be English, so replace him with Justin Gabriel to rep South Africa. Sheamus for Ireland, Tyson Kidd or someone for Canada, Yoshi Tatsu for Japan. There's probably a good few more.

• Paid Members

SPOILER

The Quebecers returned.