Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Currently watching the year of WCW Nitro 1996 and really love Jerichos theme tune. I can't pinpoint what I like so much about it but its brilliant

That is a great tune. There's a version on youtube with lyrics as well! It's cheesy as fuck, but good all the same.

The theme tune is brilliant just seems like a perfect theme tune for a wrestler to have in the mid 90s. With that it goes well with Jerichos generic face gimmick around that period.

If you could find the YouTube link then please let me know. I will have to rip that one off YouTube.

Currently watching the year of WCW Nitro 1996 and really love Jerichos theme tune. I can't pinpoint what I like so much about it but its brilliant

Absolutely, it's fun. So 80s.

Somehow it ended up on the worst list on that top 50 thread on here a few years ago too. Nuts.

That is a great tune. There's a version on youtube with lyrics as well! It's cheesy as fuck, but good all the same.

The theme tune is brilliant just seems like a perfect theme tune for a wrestler to have in the mid 90s. With that it goes well with Jerichos generic face gimmick around that period.

If you could find the YouTube link then please let me know. I will have to rip that one off YouTube.

Here it is.

• Paid Members

Absolutely, it's fun. So 80s.

Which for a wrestler in nWo-ran WCW was the kiss of death. I love the song itself as a stand alone song, but its a proper death nail for a mid-card babyface who doesn't get any mic time.

That Chinese wrestler that Fin Martin bums all the time and the podcasts always rave about, Tanahashi I think? As a non-JapWres fan, is he so good that if I watched a Youtube video of one of his matches completely void of context and story, would I still love it?

On Live Audio Wrestling, Meltzer compared him to Flair and Michaels, who are two guys who absolutely can entertain like fuck on their best day with none of the above working for them. Is he that good? He's won the PS50 about 40 times now hasn't he, and I'd at least like to know if he's worth the effort to watch, but I've just never been able to enjoy Japanese Wrestling so only some fucking brill matches will convince me. What I saw of Misawa and the other bloke in the 90s, they were pretty good, but this bloke just gets so much press that I sort of want to see what the fuss is all about.

• Paid Members

He is quite amazing to be fair. Better than anyone knocking about now I reckon. Nice haircut on him and good physique as well. He isnt like one of those super stiff, choppy-choppy types either. He'd slot into the WWE roster perfectly on the top end. His style is very watchable for people used to only WWE.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I'll take that. What matches should I be looking for?

Any singles match vs Karl Anderson, Tetsuya Naito, Hirooki Goto or Kazuchika Okada is good money. He seemingly had a cracker Vs Devitt which I dunno is out yet or available, but should be good.

His matches (as with most IWGP Title Matches now) are paced well with a slow build to an amazing set of false finishes, and focus on body parts.

There's a theme Triple H used only once or twice between My Time and The Game.

It's a bit of a stopgap between the two actually, try singing Motorhead's words to this one.

There's a similar thing with The Rock's themes, you can trace the evolution of his music all the way from the Nation Of Domination theme.