Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

The Model is the most underatted wrestling charachter of all time and had the best RR performance ever, along with Greg The Hammer Valentine.

Two absoloute legends alot of you kids wouldnt know about.

Chop Chop Chop, Figure Four, Cartwheel........The model was like a handsome tarantula contorted over the ropes in the pre 92 rumbles - what incidentally, much like the hogan warroir scrap everyone now wanks about but wasnt there at the time to watch.

Paul Roma - Fuck Bob Holly slap nuts. Roma - Had the best ever dropkick in wrestling, and if you had sky back in 87 his fued with Lombardi was classic, not the Brooklyn Brawler, this was Steve Lombardi. 9

sd jones - where did that hole in his back come from? Bundy done the right thing in smashing him at mania.

Half a Paul Orndorff or Rick Rude is worth Ten Miz's or Kofi K (biggest waste of spunk ever in wrestling - miz i mean)

Orton needs a fued with a mainstream celebrity to make him popular, and he could carry it as well - perfectly.

No matter what anyone says on here, Cena is still shite and ruins your enjoyment of wrestling in one way or another.

Powerslam should not be turned on just because you have changed your opinion of wrestling, you probably wanked about it as a young fan calling it the bible of wrestling.

Female wise The Blossoms are the best thing i have seen in wrestling for years, they carry the innocence and likeabilty of ms elizabeth and yet could be every boys pin up - as well as their fathers - the fans i mean, not literally the blossmans dad. Thats a rare quality. On a side note, they do need to stop looking and acting like drips. Grow a set.

We need a working class wrestler like Hatton or Pavlick or Gatti - why in a spory like this we do not have one is ludicrous.

beards = ratings

Edited by Mr Lawrence

• Moderators

Worst house show line up ever?

WWF @ Oshawa, Ontario - Civic Auditorium - April 30, 1987 (2,361)

WWF Women's Champion the Fabulous Moolah defeated Velvet McIntyre

Paul Roma & Jim Powers defeated the Shadows

Jimmy Jack Funk defeated Frankie Laine

Demolition defeated the Islanders

Brutus Beefcake defeated Johnny V

Paul Roma won a 14-man battle royal

Worst house show line up ever?

WWF @ Oshawa, Ontario - Civic Auditorium - April 30, 1987 (2,361)

WWF Women's Champion the Fabulous Moolah defeated Velvet McIntyre

Paul Roma & Jim Powers defeated the Shadows

Jimmy Jack Funk defeated Frankie Laine

Demolition defeated the Islanders

Brutus Beefcake defeated Johnny V

Paul Roma won a 14-man battle royal

Worst ever? No way. The other 13 in the battle royal were Hogan, Andre, Savage, Flair, Steamboat, Austin, Rock, HBK, The Outsiders, Clubber Lang, Buddy Landell and Mike Rapada.

(Seriously though, I want to see Demolition Vrs The Islanders).

You learn something new every day, was doing a quiz naming teams that held the Smackdown tag titles, either in original form or as part of the unified belts by their finisher and I had got all the teams bar 2, one was Miz and Morrison which was a combo of moves while the other, called the X-Mark had me stumped until the answer flashed up as DX. I had no idea that they had a name for anytime Triple H and HBK done the Superkick/Pedigree combo as to me it was only know by the moves involved

• Paid Members

That's a bad show for a proper arena, but they used to have far worse ones when they were doing three or four shows a night and one would be in a school gym. I did a thread about it but can't search for it because "C" (as in show) isn't three letters. Doing a search for "school" on thehistoryofwwe brings up a beauty:

WWF @ Roswell, NM - High School Gym - July 23, 1988 (3,397)

DJ Peterson defeated Billy Anderson; the match replaced the previously advertised Brady Boone vs. Jos LeDuc match

WWF Women's Champion Sensational Sherri defeated Rockin Robin

Paul Roma & Omar Atlas (sub. for Jim Powers) defeated Barry Horowitz & Sifi Avi

Frenchy Martin pinned Koko B. Ware

Tito Santana pinned Ron Bass

Whenever I see Rey Mysterio's picture as a headline on a wrestling website, I have the brief assumption that he's been found dead. He's been one of the main ones on Wrestlezone for a while now and, even though I know what it's about, I'm still always assuming the worst.

Edited by Slapnut