UFC on FUEL 5: 'Struve vs Miocic'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah the prices put me off as well to be honest. Nowt wrong with the card but the ticket prices have been getting higher and higher and I've got too many expenses at the moment to justify it.

Supremo is indeed a jammy sod. I wish I'd took a trip to Dana's ticket giveaway now.

Can't wait for this tomorrow. So many great looking fights. I keep forgetting about Sass vs Wiman and Hathaway vs Maguire for some reason. Both should be cracking fights.

• Paid Members

That's just it though. I don't even feel particularly jammy because it went exactly as I predicted it would earlier in this thread! If that isn't a clear indication of how fucked up their ticketing system is then I don't know what is. I wanted to go, but I wasn't willing to pay their high prices, so I went and got a free ticket instead. It's completely backwards.

If they were selling out everywhere that'd be one thing, but they aren't. They almost never sell out. And that's not due to popularity, it's all down to their ridiculously high ticket prices. How often in this thread have people said they'd love to go, but the prices are too high? I heard it from loads of people in work, too. Same thing happens with loads of shows they do in America and Canada. The fanbase is there, people want to go, but the majority of them are instantly priced out of attending, which is ridiculous given that there's always so many tickets left unsold. Then those fans that do fork out the cash end up getting slapped in the face when plebs like me exploit the fucked up system for free tickets. And I was far from the only one with this idea; I met guys who'd travelled for hours, pretty safe in the knowledge they could score some freebies. It's mental. There just seems to be a massive, obvious disconnect here that should've been fixed months ago. My only assumption as to why it hasn't is because Dana enjoys the ego boost of giving out free tickets.

Just looked up the local TV guide, and looks like I'm gonna get a taste of what you guys get watching UFC/WWE live. Facebook prelims will probably start about 4am, with the main card starting at 6am. Dedicated fan right here. Then, if I can stay awake, the NRL Grand Final starts at midday. Big sports day Sunday!

• Paid Members
That's just it though. I don't even feel particularly jammy because it went exactly as I predicted it would earlier in this thread! If that isn't a clear indication of how fucked up their ticketing system is then I don't know what is. I wanted to go, but I wasn't willing to pay their high prices, so I went and got a free ticket instead. It's completely backwards.

If they were selling out everywhere that'd be one thing, but they aren't. They almost never sell out. And that's not due to popularity, it's all down to their ridiculously high ticket prices. How often in this thread have people said they'd love to go, but the prices are too high? I heard it from loads of people in work, too. Same thing happens with loads of shows they do in America and Canada. The fanbase is there, people want to go, but the majority of them are instantly priced out of attending, which is ridiculous given that there's always so many tickets left unsold. Then those fans that do fork out the cash end up getting slapped in the face when plebs like me exploit the fucked up system for free tickets. And I was far from the only one with this idea; I met guys who'd travelled for hours, pretty safe in the knowledge they could score some freebies. It's mental. There just seems to be a massive, obvious disconnect here that should've been fixed months ago. My only assumption as to why it hasn't is because Dana enjoys the ego boost of giving out free tickets.

i think you've nailed it in that post. I've complained about people moaning about this stuff in the past but you clearly have a point...and it is a kick in the nuts to the people that forked out the money (though i still still think the UFC is good value when you break down what you get for your money). I'd like someone to ask Dana in a media scrum or something why they charge what they do, i don't think ive ever heard him address that question.

• Paid Members

anyway, fuck that! it's fight day, weigh in results:

UFC on Fuel TV (Preliminary card: 1:45 p.m. EDT):

Jimi Manuwa (204 lbs) vs. Kyle Kingsbury (204 lbs)

Akira Corassani (144) vs. Andy Ogle (144 lbs)

Brad Tavares (185 lbs) vs. Tom Watson (186 lbs)

Gunnar Nelson (175 lbs) vs. DaMarques Johnson (183 lbs) - 175-lbs catch-weight bout

Robbie Peralta (144 lbs) vs. Jason Young (145 lbs)

UFC on Fuel TV (Main card: 4 p.m. EDT):

Stipe Miocic (239 lbs) vs. Stefan Struve (251 lbs)

Amir Sadollah (169 lbs) vs. Dan Hardy (169 lbs)

Yves Jabouin (136 lbs) vs. Brad Pickett (135 lbs)

Matt Wiman (156 lbs) vs. Paul Sass (156 lbs)

John Maguire (169 lbs) vs. John Hathaway (169 lbs)

Che Mills (170 lbs) vs. Duane Ludwig (169 lbs)

Johnson was the only casualy but i think the UFC will let him off cause he stepped up. Work's gonna drag today :(

Dan Hardy interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=scXCxBzLDao

covers a bunch of stuff. Compares training with Roy Nelson to training with Frank Mir, and has another pop at Matt Hughes' habit of killing animals. "Let's face it I don't think he's eating Zebra".

It'll be interesting to see if anyone speaks up about Randy Couture in the same way after he published photos of him holding up dead deer that he'd blasted through the head with a gun.

Archived