UFC on FUEL 5: 'Struve vs Miocic'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

i think a lot of Americans are sleeping on the Brits, dunno if that's effecting the booking lines but on the Sherdog fantasy picks both Kingsbury & Tavares are favoured heavily over Watson & Manuwa. Now i know the Kinsbury and Tavares have been fighting in the UFC for a few years each but id have both Brits down as favourites over those guys, unless Kingsbury turns the Manuwa fight into a wrestling match he's gonna get smashed isn't he? and Watson has been taken care of fighters as good as Tavares for the past couple of years, he's just a scrappy hawaiian, can't see Kong having much trouble there.

I'm looking forward to it. It's a nice feeling when we get a show live that we can watch at a sensible hour of the day with a beer in hand. I always look forward to the UK shows purely because of it.

It makes shows feel more big time in my opinion. When I was in Canada it was the same feeling watching UFC & WWE PPV's there at 9pm and the like.

• Paid Members

yeh, there's definitly a special feeling to watch it live. I know we talked this about watching in the wee small hours but when your battling tiredness it can kill it abit, primetime on a Saturday night is when fights are meant to be watched.

Now ive got my money down as well, im fucking pumped...just realised though that if id added Paul Sass to my bet, id pocket an extra

• Paid Members

Travel arrangements have been sorted for saturday so now nothing left to do but enjoy the event. Can't wait to see my first MMA event, but to be fair, I've no idea how to act. I've never even seen a live wrestling event in my life so this is the first time I've ever seen fighting in the flesh.

It's normally been more to do with simply not knowing anyone who enjoyed MMA but now one of my good friends is well into it.

As mentioned, up and down the card it's full of some superb fights so we will be there from start to finish to enjoy every single fight.

We are near the area where the fighters walk out with a great view as well.

• Paid Members

watching fights live is very different to watching them on TV, when a fight starts and you don't hear commentary it's a bit weird at first. Very cool experience though, i've been to boxing shows where the audience is very flat for certain fights and then it's very strange. The beauty of the UFC card though (especially the UK ones) is that the crowd stays loud most of the time, it does become a bit of a patriotic thing and people root for the UK guy, so this card will provide lots of that.

Finishes live are amazing though, when someone get's KO'd the reaction is brilliant, as is everyone doing 'OHHHH' thing when watching the replays on the screen.

Ive experienced some cool shit live though, highlights being:

* Bisping's entrance at UFC 70...Hardy at 120 and Bisping at 105 come close but the original Manchester show was just fucking insanity. Boxing reporters at the event said it was louder than any Ricky Hatton entrance/crowd at the arena. Althought Hardy's Buffer intro was brilliant too, the finish of that fight was a lot similar too...

* Gonzaga KO'ing Crocop at 170 it was just all out confusion, no one expected that and everybody was waiting for the Crocop high-kick. It's very weird seeing it all play out in the cage live rather than what the TV feeds you too, because Crocop was down for a long time and you start to think something might be seriously wrong. It's like "there's a man lying unconcious about a 100 feet from me", it's just an odd feeling it drums home the reality of the situation.

* The other moment i loved live was Akiyama's entrance at 120, the whole operatic music and the kneeling and praying thing, very cool thing to experience, gave me goosebumps.

You'll definitly find yourself watching the screens a lot at the show too, which kind of defeats the point in a way but the atmosphere makes it what it is.

Just made my mmaplayground.com predictions but I'm not confident about them. For the poll here I voted Miocic wins by KO/TKO in 2, Hardy by decision (couldn't decide between that or a Hardy win by KO) and Pickett by submission in 3. Do you just go on Facebook to watch the prelims? Be nice to watch them with my Dad at a fan friendly UK time.

Travel arrangements have been sorted for saturday so now nothing left to do but enjoy the event. Can't wait to see my first MMA event, but to be fair, I've no idea how to act.

You will be fine

At 138 last year everyone around me was well friendly, just a really nice atmosphere. Full of guys between 18-40 just having a laugh. Its much better than some of the overbearing people you get at WWE events and the near riots I have witnessed when at Premier League Darts.

• Paid Members

Paddypower, it's idiot proof. Really simple to set up man.

Yeh the UFC crowd's ive been at have been decent, sat in front of Paul Kelly at 120 and he asked me a few things about the prelims he missed, was pretty cool. Fight crowd's are a weird bunch, you get all sorts. I've never seen any trouble at any event ive been too though (MMA or Boxing).

My only live MMA experience is UFC 127, the crowd was really enthusiastic but also surprisingly knowledgeable. I specifically remember a girl a few rows behind me during the Te Huna/Gustaffson fight yelling "C'mon Jamie, tuck your chin! Roll to the other side! Fight the hands!" She'd make a great coach, and was gorgeous too. Funnily enough, way more hot girls watch UFC than WWE.

• Paid Members

Yeah Lamby, you'll be fine. I have yet to see any trouble at a UFC show. Always a great atmosphere and people are friendly enough. It can't be stressed enough how great an experience watching a UFC live is. No matter how many times you've watched it on telly you can't whack being there in person.

Have a good time mate.

Funnily enough, way more hot girls watch UFC than WWE.

Can't really speak for WWE crowds because I only went to one show back in 93. I was 8 so girls weren't high on my list of priorities back then. I didn't even notice. I went mental for Tatanka though. Times change.

I have noticed a lot of really attractive girls at UFCs though. Usually with an absolute dribbler of a boyfriend who 9 times out of 10 is at least two but usually all of the below;

a) Fat.

b) Sweaty.

c) Seriously bollock ugly.

d) Trying desperately to look hard in his faded Affliction "I'll Rip Your Love Spuds Off And Use Them As Golfballs Me" T-shirt.

It's weird. Me and my mate have commented on this a lot.

Archived