UFC on FUEL 5: 'Struve vs Miocic'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**Prelim spoilers**

Something tells me that last fight would have went the other way had the final round been allowed to go on. Manuwa looks like another of those hard hitting fighters who can basically last one round before gassing out. I don't see him going very far.

I don't see much in the future of Tom Watson at this level either going by what I saw tonight. He couldn't stop the takedown, plain & simple. He has a lot of work to do if he's going to make any kind of dent in the division.

I felt a bit for Andy Ogle, as he put a lot into that 3rd frame, but I scored the first two frames for Corassani. His boxing made Ogle look stiff and slow.

Looking forward to the main card. Hopefully Dan Hardy does the business.

**Prelim spoilers**

Something tells me that last fight would have went the other way had the final round been allowed to go on. Manuwa looks like another of those hard hitting fighters who can basically last one round before gassing out. I don't see him going very far.

I don't see much in the future of Tom Watson at this level either going by what I saw tonight. He couldn't stop the takedown, plain & simple. He has a lot of work to do if he's going to make any kind of dent in the division.

I felt a bit for Andy Ogle, as he put a lot into that 3rd frame, but I scored the first two frames for Corassani. His boxing made Ogle look stiff and slow.

Looking forward to the main card. Hopefully Dan Hardy does the business.

Great watching UFC fights at a friendly time for the UK. Robbie Peralta KO'd Jason Young in 23 seconds and Gunnar Nelson showed his submission skills on DaMarques Johnson submitting him by Rear Naked Choke in the first. Surprised Brad Tavares/Tom Watson was a split decision, didn't give Watson a round. I scored Andy Ogle/Akira Corassani 29-28 for Ogle. Looking online it depends on how you scored the first round, Corassani took the split decision. Kyle Kingsbury showed heart as he was getting rocked on the feet by Jimi Manuwa, be interesting to see what he can do if he has a gas tank. Understandable doctors stoppage as Kingsbury's eye was a right mess.

It was the the right decision to stop the Kingsbury fight, he couldn't see out of that eye making him a a sitting duck for heavy rights as well as taking away his depth perception. I gave rounds 2 and 3 to Ogle, he did well taking Akira down and causing damage. Ogle always looks so stiff in the stand up though he always looks kind of scared.

Archived