A.W Officially fired

Callum1993

So for the past few hours A.W has been ranting on Twitter about WWE's treatment of him:

A W ‏@AWPromotions

AWPromotions is no more ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for your support and hate, it's been a great run. Now I get to do me which isn't PG!

A W ‏@AWPromotions

@TitusONeilWWE & @DarrenYoungWWE thank you for allowing me to speak on your behalf. You guys are the best and I'm glad to call u my friends!

A W ‏@AWPromotions

I've offended the wrong people that taught me how to have ATTITUDE It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it's back on me

A W ‏@AWPromotions

Let this be a lesson to up and coming talent in the WWE don't try and be great like the Rock or Stone Cold. WWE isn't the same...

A W ‏@AWPromotions

Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!

A W ‏@AWPromotions

I remember a time when the WWE didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RemeberTheFans

A W ‏@AWPromotions

I really do hope Linda wins that election because If not then all of this BS has been for nothing. #GoLinda!!

A W ‏@AWPromotions

Thanks to the fans who showed me support over the whole Kobe thing and to those I upset I apologize again. Remember It's entertainment folks

And now WWE have confirmed it:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-superstar-aw-release-26044431

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar A.W. as of today, August 10, 2012. WWE wishes A.W. the best in all his future endeavors.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit this whole AW/Kobe scandal has totally passed me by, I've heard about it but never actually saw it.

Anyway, if it's how it appears, then it's a shame as I did genuinely like him. I agree with a lot of what he says about how originality is out of the window, but the unfortunate fact is WWE is a business first and entertainment second - if they are making a nice profit on the same old, why would they risk that comfort in order to be cutting edge and "cool"?

I liked AW and his sacking his pretty harsh imo but he's a fucking idiot for going off on Twitter like that.

Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!

Which is what he did himself until they sacked him the daft cunt.

Well, they could start appealing to the teen/young adult male demographic, but how much disposable income does that demographic have in this economy? I'm a 22 year old uni student, and the money I can splash on PPVs is quite limited, and the money I could spend on tickets to a live event are practically non-existent.

Also, whether WWE wants to admit it or not, UFC hurts them in terms of this demographic. Even when WWE is putting out a quality product, I'm still more inclined to spend my money on UFC events. For example, Summerslam is shaping up pretty well, but I'm still ordering UFC 150 for tomorrow. I've roughly planned out my next 6 months of spending- UFC events, Soundwave music festival tickets, savings to go to America. No WWE events in there, even if Stone Cold wrestles CM Punk at Survivor Series. Even when WWE are good, so many other things are better.

That's why WWE targets the kids. They're not going to music festivals, they're not going overseas (as much, there's some spoilt little pricks... I'm bitter, sue me), and they're certainly not going to watch that barbaric cage fighting. So WWE present a clean, wholesome image so the parents like it as entertainment for the kids, who think Cena's cool, so bam, a whole family's getting WWE tickets.

Answers to questions nobody in particular asked, but I'm avoiding a 30% uni assessment due Thursday like the plague. Shame AW got canned, he was a charismatic performer, but hopefully he's intelligent enough to realise why things aren't "the same" and why the Kobe joke was such a big deal. Personally, had no idea about the context until I read up on it, I'm quite ignorant of most non-combat sports.

• Paid Members

Didn't Danny Bryan go overboard with his actions on live TV once and get sacked for it, glad he wasn't a dick about it and went off on one on Twitter. Ok, not exactly the same situation but it might be similar and WWE felt the need to take action yet, may have been happy to take him back on later on when it had cooled over and been completely forgotten about and AW had apologised.

Either way, the spouting off about PG is pretty pathetic and lamer than when fans do it.

• Paid Members

More from Meltz:

The more he says, the better his chances of being brought back in a while.

Vince has no respect for people he bullies and don't fight back.

He hired Bischoff, Bret (spent ten years begging for him to comeback and even brought him back after Bret walked out on him the day of Mania), Sable, Billy Graham, yet never touched Heenan except for one shots. I doubt even he knows it but he's playing it smart in the long run.

I liked AW and his sacking his pretty harsh imo but he's a fucking idiot for going off on Twitter like that.

Which http://ukff.com/style_images/1/folder_edit.../rte-bold.pngis what he did himself until they sacked him the daft cunt.

Does he understand the concept of a job?

More from Meltz:

The more he says, the better his chances of being brought back in a while.

Vince has no respect for people he bullies and don't fight back.

He hired Bischoff, Bret (spent ten years begging for him to comeback and even brought him back after Bret walked out on him the day of Mania), Sable, Billy Graham, yet never touched Heenan except for one shots. I doubt even he knows it but he's playing it smart in the long run.

What a mental thing to say. All of those guys he brought back were huge stars at one time. AW is a nobody. Unless he becomes famous elsewhere, talking shit about the company isn't going to do him any favours. If the logic was "badmouth Vince and you'll be allowed back" then Billy Jack Haynes would be the US champion now.

• Moderators

A.W is a cretin.azuaedcqaiksst.jpgA.W. is even more of a cretin according to his new twitter account.

Brian Jossie ‏@BJRatedRLadies and Gentlemen welcome to my fucking non PG world!!! Where all bets are off and I tell it like it is. Fuck the Bull Shit, I'm legit!

Bradshaw's had a couple of shandies after golf and is giving his thoughts on it.

John Layfield ‏@JCLayfieldI see AW is released, don't know why. He's talented. Had to be reason not being told, I don't understand. I liked him, his team-not so much.John Layfield ‏@JCLayfieldJoking about rape is not funny, joking about Kobe (a wannabe Jordan and a typical prima donna young generation) is. Kobe=funny. Rape=awfulJohn Layfield ‏@JCLayfieldI repeat-I don't know why @wwe released AW. I think Kobe is a POS, making a joke about him, who cares. Making a joke about rape, BAD.John Layfield ‏@JCLayfield@RoccaThaRobot coming from the asshole who did the nazi march in germany lol... go get raped."--will report u to police for this.John Layfield ‏@JCLayfieldFor those defending Kobe, give me a break. He would be on bench on the 'Dream Team" he would be behind Jordan. And he's a POS. Great player.John Layfield ‏@JCLayfieldAnd.....to those in @wwe universe, who but wrestling God can revitalize Smackdown? I'm happy working with kids and climbing mountains.

• Paid Members

This has to be a work, y'know that annual angle WWE does which may get the internet talking, he's going apeshit, Jerry Lawler has come in for some rough treatment of his Sakomoto 'joke' and various other incidents...

@PaulGriffin: Jerry Lawler said Sakamoto should be renamed "Sum Ting Wong" when Tensai beats him up. Get it? It's racist. Better fire him @AWPromotions

@DayDreamThis: so Jerry Lawler can week by week offend women, make sexist jokes and it's week by week but AW refers to Kobe in Colorado and he's fired? #WWE

@Not_CodyRhodes: @AWPromotions Titus O'neill is like Jerry Lawler at a Kindergarten.. HE UNSTOPPABLE!!

@Krispin_Wah: A.W. gets fired for making fun of Kobes rape case. And yet Jerry Lawler continues to be employed despite being a paedophile. #BeAStar

@DrueBernardi: @AWPromotions makes a Kobe joke, gets fired. JERRY LAWLER RAPED A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL: Still Employed Don't believe me? Ask Doug Gilbert!

Archived