A.W Officially fired

Callum1993

The sacking will be for his pro Linda twitter comments will it not? He probably just about got away with the Kobe stuff but then by subsequently backing Linda he crossed streams and became the rape joke guy that backs Linda. They won't like that.

Surely all those comments he made were in response to being sacked, I doubt he was sacked following those comments.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone picks up on this, either Linda's opponent or a news company in America (who then would obviously lead to an opponent bringing it up) then I bet they wish they hadn't fired AW, almost everything he came out with now is pretty much what has happened in WWE at some point and they can't just totally brush it off as an angry ex employee as fans have agreed with it and even brought up some of the comparisons to the older things that have happened in WWE at one point. I think he's going to go out of his way now to be a thorn in the side of Vince, Linda and her campaign.

More AW comments.

A.W. has continued to lambast WWE via Twitter after his contract was terminated Friday for what a company spokesman says was due to his continued use of offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media after making a rape joke on the July 30 episode of Raw.

The boisterous personality strongly feels his firing is unfair and that he is being subject to double standards by WWE, pointing out other offensive events where an employee was suspended at most. He wrote, "If I smoked crack or did steroids I'd get suspended but I made a joke and tweeted support Linda and I get fired. #Doesn'tAddUp #Hmmmmm."

A.W. posted several fan remarks noting WWE's double standards towards offensive and inappropriate comments, including Tensai making stereotypical remarks about Japanese people last week on Tout, John Cena cracking homophobic insults on WWE programming, Randy Orton suggesting during a radio interview that Kelly Kelly had sexual relations with upwards of ten WWE Superstars, and Cena and Jerry "The King" Lawler hurling weight-related barbs toward Vickie Guerrero.

"They didn't do shit to Randy Orton when he called Kelly Kelly a slut, you see the double standard? Fuck politics. #AWForLife."

"Im a HUGE Cena fan, but Cena made fat jokes w/ King, genitalia jokes n homo jokes. Orton bashes K2, Vince mocks JR! #FuckUWWE"

"so stealing a car, having a yng girl trying to fuck 3 guys at once and not to mntion the Tensai thing is ok, but no jokes? #BS"

A.W. continued to point out the hypocrisy in Vince McMahon mocking Jim Ross' affliction with Bell's palsy while simultaneously promoting the 'be a STAR' anti-bullying campaign; on the June 11 episode of Raw, the WWE Chairman donned a J.R.-style hat, mimicked Ross' facial paralysis and yelled, "Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!" He re-tweeted, "So Vince can continually bash @JRsBBQ by teasing his ball palsy but yet your comments where deemed worse? Be a star my ass." He then posted a photo of McMahon distorting his face to ridicule Ross, with the caption reading "MOCKING JR: QUALITY PG ENTERTAINMENT."

A.W. also pointed out McMahon using a racial slur on WWE programming in 2006, and enclosed a link to footage of the segment. He noted via re-tweet, "VINCE MCMAHON CAN SAY THE "N" WORD ON NATIONAL T.V. BUT @AWPromotions CAN'T TELL A JOKE.............whats wrong with this picture???"

A.W. also feels it's hypocritical that WWE would celebrate boxer Mike Tyson, who was convicted of rape in 1992 and sentenced to six years in prison. He re-tweeted, "You said one Kobe Bryant rape joke and you got fired. Isn't Mike Tyson a convicted rapist? Yet he is in the HoF. Hypocrisy." He then posted side-by-side images of himself and Tyson, with the caption over his photo reading "FIRED FROM WWE OVER RAPE JOKE" and a caption over the Tyson photo reading "CONVICTED RAPIST - WWE HALL OF FAMER."

• Paid Members

TNA and AW aren't a good fit at all. TNA pays a lot of their main roster shit pay per appearance deals, and the likes of poor Luke Gallows and Chris Masters (two wrestlers with far bigger name value, far better looks and have more uses than AW) are probably coming in on take it or leave it deals (which they took) because its been a year now and WWE hasn't shown an interest in bringing them back. I just can't see TNA paying AW enough to buy a tin of tuna fish let alone an earpiece microphone. I mean TNA didn't even take Carlito on. He seemed right up their street. Unless you roll over and die, TNA aren't bringing you in now.

• Paid Members
TNA and AW aren't a good fit at all. TNA pays a lot of their main roster shit pay per appearance deals, and the likes of poor Luke Gallows and Chris Masters (two wrestlers with far bigger name value, far better looks and have more uses than AW) are probably coming in on take it or leave it deals (which they took) because its been a year now and WWE hasn't shown an interest in bringing them back. I just can't see TNA paying AW enough to buy a tin of tuna fish let alone an earpiece microphone. I mean TNA didn't even take Carlito on. He seemed right up their street. Unless you roll over and die, TNA aren't bringing you in now.

That's what makes his Twitter meltdown all the more surprising. These days WWE is a bridge you really don't want to burn, no matter how hard they boot you out the door. It's not like there is anywhere else to go. He's making himself look a right cunt too, if I was a promoter I wouldn't touch him. It's not like he even wrestled on WWE TV more than once or twice.

More from Meltz:

He hired Bischoff, Bret (spent ten years begging for him to comeback and even brought him back after Bret walked out on him the day of Mania), Sable, Billy Graham, yet never touched Heenan except for one shots. I doubt even he knows it but he's playing it smart in the long run.

What's that Bret bit about? Does he mean at WM 22, after his HOF induction?

More from Meltz:

He hired Bischoff, Bret (spent ten years begging for him to comeback and even brought him back after Bret walked out on him the day of Mania), Sable, Billy Graham, yet never touched Heenan except for one shots. I doubt even he knows it but he's playing it smart in the long run.

What's that Bret bit about? Does he mean at WM 22, after his HOF induction?

Yep. Vince was hopeful he'd do something at Mania - The least would've been to be stood there with the other HOF inductees - But Bret definitely wanted no part of a Mania at that time.

Shame it didn't last....

Boy I bet Linda McMahon's opponents are loving this. Disgruntled WWE employee highlighting the hypocrisy of the McMahons? If they play this right it could be like Christmas come early.

Being Linda McMahon's opponent for the republican party candidacy should really be the easiest job in the world. I know republicans in general aren't too fussed about exploitation of employees and the like, but just digging up that whole 'McMahons vs Shawn Michaels and God' angle should be enough to bury her in that party.

I don't watch WWE anymore save for the big angles and Wrestlemania, so none of this really has a bearing on my personal enjoyment, but I really hope her campaign fails nonetheless. That family shouldn't be allowed anywhere near legitimate power. Maybe it would be justifiable if it was Vince himself and he was cutting promos on his opponents, but not his robotic wife. She has none of the charisma but likely all of the right-wing views.

A.W. continued his Anti-WWE tirade by posting the following picture:

Az_kLM4CMAIxuS-.jpg

WWE are a company that employed someone with a record of Armed Robbery and Kidnapping. If it didnt happen in the WWE the WWE are blind to it.

Speaking off Topic here

My work colleague and I was talking about Mike Tyson coming to the Barnsley Metrodome and the people of Barnsley that they don't want someone like Tysons background in Barnsley but they are happy to go support a bunch of soccer players which some of the are just as bad.

[

WWE are a company that employed someone with a record of Armed Robbery and Kidnapping. If it didnt happen in the WWE the WWE are blind to it.

We all know the story about Vince covering up an unfortunate accident involving a rat, a balcony and Jimmy Snuka.

It's probably more accurate to say if you're worth money to WWE then WWE are blind to it.

Archived