The 999th Monday Night Raw *Spoilers*

Cobra1000

2615506[/url]']

I think the new hair suits Miz.

This. He seriously looks like he's aged a few years now that he's stopped spiking his hair. The bit of stubble helps alot too.

I think a lot of what stalled Miz's push was his look. He looked boyish and non-threatening. Now, he's starting to look like a fucking man. Have him show a vicious streak in an angle and a main event star is revived.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
They missed a trick not having Brodus come down and join Rikishi's dance party though.

True, but I thought it was a nice touch having his kids out there with him. I love it when stuff like that happens with past and present generations.

Good episode, looking forward to the 1000th episode, I can see Lesnar attacking HHH after accepting the match then HBK making the save for a big pop

The only way I can see Punk keeping the belt is if he turns heel, I think Cena will win after Show attacks both of them, if Punk loses clean he may as well give up

Only properly noticed this week during this week during Brodus Clay's entrance that as fit as Cameron is, Naomi is really not fit at all

Good episode, looking forward to the 1000th episode, I can see Lesnar attacking HHH after accepting the match then HBK making the save for a big pop

The only way I can see Punk keeping the belt is if he turns heel, I think Cena will win after Show attacks both of them, if Punk loses clean he may as well give up

Only properly noticed this week during this week during Brodus Clay's entrance that as fit as Cameron is, Naomi is really not fit at all

I agree.

Considering the first interaction between Cena and Punk after Cena won the briefcase was John-Boy running out to save a beaten down Punk, and then be nice enough to not take an "easy cash-in", if he loses the belt clean it will just be the exclamation mark on the end of Punk's mid-card Title run.

It seems a waste for Cena to cash-in so quick, I know they usually have a case gone quick and one for a while but I'd reckon a 'will he-wont he' story could have been great for a few months, ofcourse Cena wouldnt do a 'run in cash in' but they still could have teased for a little while.

But until the case is cashed in/match started things could always change, Rock, Show, New GM could get involved and postpone it so cena keeps the case.

If they wanted Punk vs Cena then they could have had a battle royal for no1 contender but quess we'll see how things play out.

• Moderators

Suffice to say, I am looking forward to the rightful champion crushing Punk and the deluded dreams of his poofy fans. It's easily about time Cena held the belt again so it can be in main events, instead of being on career midcarders.

• Paid Members

Big Show vs CM Punk was rumoured as a feud for months. On Raw Big Show was desperate for Cena to beat him as well, so he has obviously taken a dislike to Punk. So logic says Big Show is either costing Punk the belt or Big Show is going to at least try and fail and wrestle him for the WWE title at SummerSlam. I can't see them doing Punk vs Cena again (especially since they are wrestling on Monday) and it would be daft to turn Punk heel because there are no babyfaces worth a shit left on the roster. At least people like him. Who is left? A 60 year old Chris Jericho, a crippled Rey Mysterio and Sheamus?

I still think there's a chance Rock is wrestling at SummerSlam. I remember that was the big talk earlier in the year. To have Rock have a match at Mania and SummerSlam, and now the Rock is tweeting about challenging for the WWE title. There just seems to be this super rush over the last few weeks to get Cena back in the title picture. Seems like they are trying to get all the pieces in place for SummerSlam really quickly. Its hard not to have an itchy trigger finger if the Rock's schedule is free for a big PPV like SummerSlam.

Rock vs Cena and Lesnar vs Triple H could do big numbers. The fact Lesnar is on there shows they fancy doing big business this year. Stranger things have happened in the last 12 months than Rock and Cena wrestling at SummerSlam (like Lesnar working a B show and Rock wrestling at a dead on its arse Survivor Series for his first match in years).

Agree about the belt as well. Its time it regained some credibility back. There's been 7 PPVs this year. The WWE title hasn't been seen in one of them.

• Moderators

Did anyone else love Big Show as a 7" devil on John Cena's shoulder towards the end, imploring him to cash in? I thought that was brilliant, to be honest. Also AW, with such tight lines as "Tonight the Prime Time Players will be playing the role of the LAPD" during the control segment.

• Paid Members

Had they deliberately aged Jericho during that segment with Ziggler to make him genuinely seem like he was washed up? It's like he's aged 20 years! Fucking hell, he looked awful. Ziggler was brilliant, though, but what the fuck was the point of Vickie copying him? Absolutely pointless oxygen and spot stealing.

Punk v Big Show was a GREAT match. Punk is actually really good against the giants - that mini-feud with Mark Henry was superb, too. I hope it does become a feud.

Great to see ADR twat Zack Ryder and the Mysterio comeback was a nice surprise. AW is pretty funny doing that live commentary during his matches and I reckon the Prime Time Players may well have a shot at getting over. They need to win, though.

The Slater squash was alright, Brodus was shit as ever, the mixed tag was largely pointless but Miz's new look is excellent. I do really like AJ actually - she's definitely been positioned too high during the Bryan - Punk feud but I think her mannerisms are spot on and she's done about as well as can be asked for. The wedding should be funny, wrestling weddings almost always are.

Cena v Punk next week? Already erect. I'm going to watch that shit live. It's been far too long since they've been back together.

Archived