The 999th Monday Night Raw *Spoilers*

Cobra1000

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Am I the only one who's completely underwhelmed with Cena waiting 8 days before cashing in, with no surprise? For me, the intrigue surrounding the cash in is one of the best storyline in the year, and this just seems to be totally wasted.

Unless this is building up to something bigger, its just another bog standard Cena title match no?

Am I the only one who's completely underwhelmed with Cena waiting 8 days before cashing in, with no surprise? For me, the intrigue surrounding the cash in is one of the best storyline in the year, and this just seems to be totally wasted.

Unless this is building up to something bigger, its just another bog standard Cena title match no?

I think it makes sense in terms of Cena's character - the whole Supercena, up front and 'honourable', respect thing he has going on. The whole 'cash in on someone who's just had a tough match and is completely knackered' thing is a bit heelish for Cena, plus I really couldn't see him walking round with the briefcase all the time like a lot of the winners have done.

Considering there's absolutely no chance in hell of him cashing it in slyly, there was never ever going to be a 'surprise'.

Cena can't break any title belt records

Abbreviated your post not to wallpaper the thread anymore, but the jist is, it's a silly thought process, that. Title reigns now can't be measured against how they were ten years ago, let alone twenty or thirty with Flair or whomever. Triple H would have happily sailed past Flair's record if he'd have still been a full timer a bit longer, it doesn't fucking matter anymore. I remember Hogan getting Number 5 at WM9 and thinking we had to be in space or some mental shit for anybody to be a five-time champion. When Rock got Number 6, it didn't seem half as shocking, and when HHH, Orton, Batista, Cena and Edge pissed their way through titles, it became par for the course. Remember when you knew exactly how many times so-and-so had held the title? I can't remember how many HHH got to now, let alone how many some of those had altogether.

The sooner you accept none of it means half as much as it used to, the better. I'm not being a prick, I just mean it honestly - your point has absolutely zero relevance.

• Paid Members

Considering there's absolutely no chance in hell of him cashing it in slyly, there was never ever going to be a 'surprise'.

It would be canny class if he did so on the 1000th show though. Big Show smacks Punk around again, Cena out for the save, but goes for gold instead (dream over).

Anyway, yep, it was a decent Raw. I like the idea of Zig and Jericho having a feud, Jericho playing the heely face. AJ/Bryan has been given a boost of life again, just like that, Tommy Cooper style. I like the idea of a Miz vs Bryan feud, and hopefully have him ruin the wedding or something.

Ryback is a waste of time for me, i just cant see him being anymore than a rock hard midcarder, who still gets slapped around from people with a shocking losing streak. I expect the losing streak to be over soon though, even cole/king brought it up, surely that means its about to change right?

Did anyone else see Cole piss himself laughing with king (mics off) after Clay did a sideways big splash?

Rikishi was good to see and yeah i got a buzz out of seeing Rey.

Tag match was Ok, I just want a bigger division now that i feel teased by the fact that they are pushing the belts on Raw again.

The 1000th show looks brill and as others have stated, the week after will be interesting. I'd love to see some great new storylines, but the cunt in me expects a flop.

This last week including Impact has been a great week of wrestling... good effort all around.

• Paid Members

Thought Punk v Big Show was fantastic very KOTR Hart/Bigelow -esque. Felt for Punk after Cena breezed in, you just know he's going to win his belt from him h on the 1000th episode.

Perhaps The Rock will cause a distraction or interfere, causing Cena to lose, setting up Cena vs. Rock at Summerslam. Although I was convinced it'd be Cena vs. Punk at Summerslam

Perhaps The Rock will cause a distraction or interfere, causing Cena to lose, setting up Cena vs. Rock at Summerslam. Although I was convinced it'd be Cena vs. Punk at Summerslam

I hope Cena wins next week and loses it at SummerSlam then regains and loses it again a million times, just to upset the Little Finnies.

It was a decent Raw, that. I think the new hair suits Miz. They missed a trick not having Brodus come down and join Rikishi's dance party though.

Archived