The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What do you reckon as to McMann's chances? She's been doing better recently, but a cursory look at Vieira's record reveals she's 8-0.

21 hours ago, Noah Southworth said:

Added to the UFC 214 undercard is Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira and Cyborg vs. TBA.

I don’t like Cyborg’s chances; TBA looked better than ever in their last fight.

TBA has nothing on Vacant. 

Vacant has been winning titles in Boxing, MMA and Pro Wrestling for decades now. They can change weightclasses and even genders at a canter. 

• Paid Members
On 31/05/2017 at 5:39 PM, Paul2j said:

Manuwa vs Oezdemir is official for UFC 214.  Presumably Manuwa remains the standby for either a Cormier or Jones pull out.

i've missed both of Oezdemir's UFC fights, was surprised to see his ranked at #5 at 205. How's he looking?

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

What do you reckon as to McMann's chances? She's been doing better recently, but a cursory look at Vieira's record reveals she's 8-0.

If McMann has improved upon how good she looked against Alexis Davis, I don’t see Viera giving her a lot of trouble. McMann looked good against Miesha Tate and even though she lost, it was a close fight. She got put away quickly by Amanda Nunes but that’s nothing to be ashamed of because not many are going to last too long with the improved Nunes. Since that loss, however, McMann has looked better than ever, evolving into a more complete fighter, and doing so whilst beating a higher level of opposition than Viera has faced. It might change closer to fight time, but right now, my prediction is another straightforward win for McMann.

42 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

i've missed both of Oezdemir's UFC fights, was surprised to see his ranked at #5 at 205. How's he looking?

Oezdemir has looked OK but I think he’ll struggle against Manuwa. Oezdemir looked fine against OSP but he had a tougher fight than Manuwa did. And even though he beat Misha Cirkunov in less than thirty seconds, Oezdemir won that mainly, if not entirely, because Cirkunov came rushing in with his chin wide open. If Cirkunov doesn’t make that mistake, I’m not convinced Oezdemir beats him. As long as Manuwa doesn’t make that same mistake, I think he’ll do fine.

Just watched that Summer Kickoff press conference on the youtube page. Fucking hell Amanda Nunes has gone full heel ain't she? Some mouth watering fights coming up in the womens divisions.

• Paid Members

Ah that's a major downer. I was really looking forward to that fight. Hard times for the Zombie after being back in the thick of things. 

• Paid Members

War Machine has been given life in prison for his attack on Chrissy Mack a few years ago. He'll have to serve at least 36 years before he's eligible for parole. 

Watching back his season on TUF is a lot more uncomfortable when you realise just how unhinged he actually is. I know it was mentioned a few times in the season about him having issues but he'd probably have ended up actually killing someone sooner or later. 

• Paid Members

Further delaying the middleweight title picture. That would mean the winner of Romero vs Whittaker would probably have to defend the interim title at least once before getting the proper title shot. They'd probably be waiting until around March/April of 2018. It's getting ridiculous. And that's assuming GSP doesn't delay it again. Then if GSP beats Bisping he'll piss off back down to 170 anyway. 

I don't even give much of a fuck about this GSP vs Bisping thing anymore. I mean, yeah it was a fun little press conference, I laughed at drunk Bisping calling him a lizard and I'll watch if they ever actually fight but I'm not buying it as this dream fight it's being sold as. Wolf tickets! 

I'd much rather see GSP stay at 170 for now. Re-conquer that division and get back in the groove until that HUGE fight with McGregor is a possibility. That's the fight. Have GSP staying fairly lean down at 170, with the drop to 155 vs McGregor in mind. Not bulking up with a pot belly to fight Bisping. 

If Michael Bisping vs Georges St Pregnant happens I hope Yoel and his awesomely creepy manager do a run in, lay them both out and steal the belt. Proper 80s WWF heel style. 

Archived