If WWE acquired TNA...

Foalie

I'm a sucker for these threads. Booking the next Mania with TNA talent involved? Okay.

Starts at the Rumble obviously, surprise entrants are Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. None of them win, but get the big surprise pop. Angle and Styles/Hardy and Joe can have solo sequences where the TNA link is mentioned. Following the Rumble, Hardy and Joe go to Raw, while Angle, Jarrett and Styles can go to Smackdown. Joe gets over as a monster heel feuding with Hardy (match at EC), Angle works with Cody Rhodes, Styles is established through highlight reels of TNA footage before working with the top tier SD guys (EC chamber match participant-World title) Jarrett takes the role of being pissed off at his former WWF career and his loss of TNA control, and sets about creating a stable of guys to support his grand comeback.

Following the EC PPV, The Undertaker makes his grand Wrestlemania season return. Does the grand entrance, steps into the ring, takes the hat off, lights come off and BAM- Matt Morgan levels him with the Carbon Footprint. The next week on Raw, Triple H states that despite fan demand, losing to Taker at WM28 and getting decimated by Lesnar at Summerslam, his in-ring career. "It's no longer time to play the game, it's simply time. It's time." A voice interrupts- "I'll tell you what time it is- it's show time!" Sting appears on the titantron...

So, Wrestlemania 29:

WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar © vs The Rock

World Championship: Daniel Bryan © vs Kurt Angle

Triple H vs. Sting

Undertaker vs. Matt Morgan

Street Fight: John Cena vs. Samoa Joe

Eight Man Tag: Jeff Jarrett/Cody Rhodes/Randy Orton/Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy/AJ Styles/Sin Cara/CM Punk

Intercontinental Championship Fatal 4 Way: Ryback © vs. Brodus Clay vs. Sheamus vs. Christian

Divas Tag Match: Beth Pheonix/Kharma vs. Mickie James/Tara

And at some point, perhaps not on Wrestlemania itself, but somewhere around that time, Extreme Expose should re-form :love:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rock v Bully Ray

Bear with me. If WWE bought TNA they'd throw a lot of momentum behind Bully. He's a recognisable face from their golden age, and he's the best heel in the business right now. Call it Calf v Calf or something, make it semi-serious but by the time the PPV rolls round, the fans will be aching to see Bully get beat.

I all honesty, if this match was on the show, this would be the first PPV I'd pay for Since Night of Champions 09.

• Paid Members

The only way that I or anyone else should ever want to see this is if Morgan is doing his stuttering gimmick again, has David Jason in his corner and, as he's being lifted up for the Last Ride, shouts, "G-G-Granville, fetch yer c-c-loth!"

• Paid Members

The only way that I or anyone else should ever want to see this is if Morgan is doing his stuttering gimmick again, has David Jason in his corner and, as he's being lifted up for the Last Ride, shouts, "G-G-Granville, fetch yer c-c-loth!"

Granville could open his brown coat pre-match like Paul Bearer used to do for 'taker. His weapon of choice would be a label gun. And Granville could carry a wholesale tin of Baked beans like an Urn.

I like it.

• Paid Members

Granville could open his brown coat pre-match like Paul Bearer used to do for 'taker. His weapon of choice would be a label gun. And Granville could carry a wholesale tin of Baked beans like an Urn.

I like it.

We could get Nurse Gladys Emmanuelle to skip round Taker as well, channelling what AJ's been doing with his brother.

Pre-Show Match:

Ryback vs. Garrett Bischoff (put the fucker in his place)

Garrett's been an accomplished martial artist for a good 15 years. He'd probably break Ryback orbital bone if he fancied his chances. Just because you're on ungodly amounts of human growth hormones doesn't mean you're hard.

I understand but surely being the 'booker' I can job him out in 20 seconds thus showing my complete distain for him as a wrestler and personality?

• Paid Members

If you want to go down that route, as the 'booker' you should probably not put him on PPV and give him a payday if you dislike him that much. Especially WrestleMania. He's looking at a nice payout there. And he'd probably be on the international tour afterwards which would be a nice few quid. You'd probably be invited round Eric Bischoff's house for a chat, after calling him up to the main WWE roster for a Mania payday.

The next thing you know, Eric's letting you have a go on his wife. You, Eric, Garrett, Brutus Jimmy Hart and Hogan are going hunting and using the Hulkster's boat. Now you are all pals, Garrett will be main eventing your shows for the next 18 months.

I like it.

We could get Nurse Gladys Emmanuelle to skip round Taker as well, channelling what AJ's been doing with his brother.

Can't believe it was only a week or so ago that I realised that the woman who plays Nurse Gladys Emmanuelle is the main character in Come Outside.

• Paid Members

I like it.

Can't believe it was only a week or so ago that I realised that the woman who plays Nurse Gladys Emmanuelle is the main character in Come Outside.

Lynda Baron. It's odd she's famous for playing these matronly battleaxe roles - she was gorgeous in her young days, playing Ambrosia in Up Pompeii.

Main Event - Rock vs. Sting w/ Guest Referee - Hulk Hogan

WWE Title - HHH vs. Bobby Roode

WHC - CM Punk vs. AJ Styles

Tag Titles - Daniels/Kazarian vs. Kingston/Truth

IC Title - Christian vs. Devon

US Title - Santino vs. EY

4 Way Ultimate X - Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries vs. Chris Jericho vs. Daniel Bryan

Monsters Ball - Kane vs. Abyss vs. Bully Ray vs. Sheamus

So why are Sting and Triple H feuding? Why does Sting interrupt Triple H?

Well, I couldn't be arsed to give an exact week by week breakdown of the feuds. The next week, Sting would cut a promo talking about how he's faced all the greats in pro wrestling, but never Triple H. I thought of this as being more appealing than Sting vs. Taker because Undertaker has slowed considerably and has needed younger, faster opponents over the last couple of years. I don't know who would carry who in a Sting vs. Undertaker match.

As for putting Undertaker against Matt Morgan... Morgan's TNA work has impressed me, and Taker always works well with big men, regardless of skill level- who can remember the minor miracle that was the Taker vs. Heidenreich casket match? I want to see if Morgan can justify his spot in WWE today by working in a high profile spot. Undertaker only has a couple of matches left in him, for me I think WM30 vs. Cena should be his swan song. I think if Morgan could perform the Hellavator (sp?) on Taker, that would be a Mania moment in itself.

Archived