If WWE acquired TNA...

Foalie

Imagine if in December it was announced that WWE had acquired TNA, much like WCW all them years ago, and were suddenly in control of their entire talent roster. How would you book WrestleMania next year?

I'd like to see:

Main Event: The Rock v HHH

WHC: Kurt Angle v Brock Lesnar v Daniel Bryan

WWE: Bobby Roode v John Cena

Undertaker v Sting

Ladder Match: CM Punk v Jeff Hardy

IC: Chris Jericho v Samoa Joe

DC: Kharma v Beth Phoenix

Mask v Mask: Kane v Abyss

US: James Storm v Dolph Ziggler v AJ Styles v Sheamus

TAG: The Dudley Boyz v Kofi Kingston and R-Truth

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They didn't do a good WCW vs WWF card. TNA would have no chance.

Also, why would Kharma be wrestling Beth Phoenix on a TNA vs WWE PPV? Unless they did a variation of the ECW angle from 2001. "R-Truth, Road Dogg, Kharma and Christian have come to help the WWE guys, King. Wait a second ..."

• Paid Members
Imagine if in December it was announced that WWE had acquired TNA, much like WCW all them years ago, and were suddenly in control of their entire talent roster. How would you book WrestleMania next year?

I'd like to see:

Main Event: The Rock v HHH

WHC: Kurt Angle v Brock Lesnar v Daniel Bryan

WWE: Bobby Roode v John Cena

Undertaker v Sting

Ladder Match: CM Punk v Jeff Hardy

IC: Chris Jericho v Samoa Joe

DC: Kharma v Beth Phoenix

Mask v Mask: Kane v Abyss

US: James Storm v Dolph Ziggler v AJ Styles v Sheamus

TAG: The Dudley Boyz v Kofi Kingston and R-Truth

Too many big matches, most of those matches wouldn't get the time of day. I also have no idea who would want to watch Abyss Vs Kane.

The only thing i think the wwe would benefit from in buying tna is the oppurtunity to use the x division title and recreate a x division in the wwe using the lighterweights already in the wwe and bring in the best of tna like aries, kash, styles, kaz, daniels.

angle would be re signed. re unite beer money and team 3D, get the motor city machine guns fit again and have those teams help make a tag division again. scrap the KO tag titles.

alot of those on tna roster wont be signed up unless they offer something new to the wwe product so older guys like hardy, anderson, abyss wont be signed up

• Paid Members
I'd guess that 95% of WWE'S fanbase will have never heard of the likes of James Storm, Bobby Roode, AJ Styles etc.

So they would have to do a lot of work with them in 3 months to make them credible!

Its not 2008 anymore. WWE's roster is filled with nobodies who don't win, who the fans don't give shit about. The depth of the roster has never been lower. They'd probably push Styles, Roode and Storm at the minute. It wouldn't take 3 months to get these three over.

Id say theres a very good chance wwe would try re-signing hardy considering the fanbase he has

Good point. He will make money for them. Plus the chance of re uniting the Hardy Boyz for one last run too.

Speaking of fan bases the ultimate coupe for them would be Sting. All Stings fans of today and the past and those who are jus intrigued would watch wwe if he turned up even just for one show.

I'd guess that 95% of WWE'S fanbase will have never heard of the likes of James Storm, Bobby Roode, AJ Styles etc.

So they would have to do a lot of work with them in 3 months to make them credible!

Its not 2008 anymore. WWE's roster is filled with nobodies who don't win, who the fans don't give shit about. The depth of the roster has never been lower. They'd probably push Styles, Roode and Storm at the minute. It wouldn't take 3 months to get these three over.

Styles, Roode & Storm would fall in the exact same trap as the "nobodies" you mentioned in the first part of your post.

To think otherwise is completely naive.

• Paid Members
Styles, Roode & Storm would fall in the exact same trap as the "nobodies" you mentioned in the first part of your post.

I never said they wouldn't. I was replying to you saying it would take three months to make them credible. If WWE wanted to make them credible, it wouldn't take three months to do it. They got Wade Barrett over in one night. If they set out to make you a credible wrestler, they can do it easily. Its just they don't for some reason. WWE's roster is so depleted, maybe it would take getting behind a few guys and really going for it to make them stand out among them pack. Obviously not he TNA lads, but there's plenty in developmental they could do it with.

I cant see the WWE ever pushing James Storm, he has a horrible look.

• Paid Members

Ian, Before your edit, you said the WWE can make people credible wrestlers, they just choose not to. There's been lots of banging on that CM Punk is a piss poor champ and not credible in the slightest. Is that his fault or theirs?

And you know this, how? You stating opinion as fact is naive...

Looking at things objectively, those three all keep their noses clean, by all accounts love their trade, they're good at their trade, have good reputations, would be noticed by enough of the crowd to make an audible impact, and have friends in decent spots backstage who may go to bat for them. There is a big difference between them and half of the current roster who I couldn't tell you five things about.

• Paid Members
Ian, Before your edit, you said the WWE can make people credible wrestlers, they just choose not to. There's been lots of banging on that CM Punk is a piss poor champ and not credible in the slightest. Is that his fault or theirs?

Well, Simon, its his fault because they have pushed him to the moon and he has significant say in his promos and angles. He's got the belt. He has 20 minutes a week to speak or wrestle, and it doesn't translate at the box office.

I'm not talking about people who are in main event positions who the fans won't accept because they are unlikable bag eyed homeless looking people. I'm talking about people who are at a certain level and will stay there forever because they aren't given the chance to come across as anything but complete losers.

Archived