Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

Stevenage fan right here, and this could be a difficult season. We've lost most of our first-teamers and have an entirely new squad. It could help us like it did last year in the way of being massive underestimated, which helped us reach the L1 play-offs despite being touted as certainties for relegation, but we'll see. So far we still have important players like Mark Roberts, Jon Ashton, Luke Freeman and Chris Day but who knows what's round the corner?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kalifa Cisse is on trial at Bolton at the minute. Apparently Carlos Sanchez is attempting to get a worl permit, which may mean he's on his way to us too. Seems we're stacking up on Centre Mid's, although I read somewhere Cisse can also play CB too

• Paid Members

As a Forest fan, I'm not particularly impressed by the appointment.

I know we're pretty shite at the minute, and we can't attract real high calibre managers, but to take Sean O'Driscoll on seems like a step backwards from Cotterill. Maybe I'm being too cynical.

It just doesn't seem to match the "ambition" of the new owners...

I know we're pretty shite at the minute, and we can't attract real high calibre managers, but to take Sean O'Driscoll on seems like a step backwards from Cotterill. Maybe I'm being too cynical.

He started well at Doncaster, then lost all passion for the club when Sheffieild United didn't take him and I point all our clubs failings since then (December 2010) to where we are now. Be interesting to see how he does for you.

• Paid Members

To be fair when he came in, I'd say he was helpful in your 7-3 demolition of Leeds and the form you were in towards the end of last season, I think its a smart appointment, players will want to play for him.

Stevenage fan right here, and this could be a difficult season. We've lost most of our first-teamers and have an entirely new squad. It could help us like it did last year in the way of being massive underestimated, which helped us reach the L1 play-offs despite being touted as certainties for relegation, but we'll see. So far we still have important players like Mark Roberts, Jon Ashton, Luke Freeman and Chris Day but who knows what's round the corner?

Due to the fact you wear red and white and kind of hate Newcastle a bit, I've always had a soft spot for Stevenage, and as a result of a Manager Mode FIFA 10 game that goes on to this day, I like to keep an eye on the team. Mark Roberts was always a fucking demon for me at the back, but have you no longer got Bostwick and Mousinho? Those two were fucking amazing on the game, being the best players in a team I managed to take to the Premier League. Were they half as good in real life?

• Paid Members
Zero games in charge of Crawley Town. Has that ever happened before?

Leroy Rosenior was Torquay manager for about 10 minutes a few years back, but that's about it.

Personally, I'm delighted with Sean O'Driscoll. Knows the club. Knows the players (those who are left, anyway). Knows the division. Also knows the merits of the loanees we had last season, who could be very useful again this season if we get them back. Plus he likes to play neat passing football on the deck, which is what we like at Forest. Great appointment, for me.

I dont think O'Driscoll is as good has people make out his very long losing streak at Donny was testament to how things got very stale. As much as Cotterill isnt the greatest in the world, I'd rate him higher.

However, if it does work for O'Driscoll, then cool. I know a fair few Forest fans and they are mixed on the appointment. Will see what happens with the new owners, could be Pompey MK II :(

Apparently Buszaky is going to them though

Anybody up for some Football League fantasy football this year?

Yeah, couldnt get it working when tried the other day.

Database fail.

Is it now up and running again?

Archived