Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

Holloway has three deaf daughters which has always governed where he lives, such was his desire for them to get a proper education. He famously commuted daily from Bristol to West London when in charge of QPR and his kids are now working and living in London.

It's times like these I wish I was still covering the Eagles.

Blimey, I didn't know that. My dislike of the man has lessened after finding that out.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Jacob Butterfield has gone to Bolton on a short-term loan deal. He's been recovering from injury prior to signing for us and has only featured in our Capital One Cup ties thus far, but he's looked the part in the short game time he's had with us. This is just to give him more games so he comes back even stronger for the Xmas period and beyond. Sensible move really.

Blimey, I didn't know that. My dislike of the man has lessened after finding that out.

He's a family man. He's also into self-sufficiency, which would suggest that he's looking for some sort of smallholding so he can move his animals down from Lancashire.

Jacob Butterfield has gone to Bolton on a short-term loan deal. He's been recovering from injury prior to signing for us and has only featured in our Capital One Cup ties thus far, but he's looked the part in the short game time he's had with us. This is just to give him more games so he comes back even stronger for the Xmas period and beyond. Sensible move really.

Butterfield was a really good player for us last season and I was gutted to see him go. He's spent basically all of 2012 out injured thanks to that prick Michael Brown. Good luck to him, a good technical player who can use both feet.

In other news we've signed Alex Nimely on loan from Man City. He had spells last season at Middlesbrough and Cov. Any good anyone?

Butterfield was a really good player for us last season and I was gutted to see him go. He's spent basically all of 2012 out injured thanks to that prick Michael Brown. Good luck to him, a good technical player who can use both feet.

In other news we've signed Alex Nimely on loan from Man City. He had spells last season at Middlesbrough and Cov. Any good anyone?

Sorry for the mega quote I am on my phone. Nimely was very raw when he was with the Boro and could not hit the proverbial barn door. Fair play to the lad he never really had a run of games to establish himself as a marksman and was a bit of a waste with the few cameos he made. Of course when we sent him back to Eastlands and shipped to Coventry he played a blinder and scored his first senior goal.

Moving on to tonight and it was a great performance by Boro and the lad we got from Chelsea on loan who I cant spell whilst half pissed almost scored a worldie by dribbling round half the Wednesday team.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Forest have off'ed O'Driscoll hours after they thumped Leeds 4-2. 10 wins, 9 draws and 7 defeats, 1 point off of the top six. Bit harsh, or with te right appointment will they break into the top six and push for promotion?

Edit- Bloody hell, Henning Berg's been sacked by Blackburn now as well!

Forest have off'ed O'Driscoll hours after they thumped Leeds 4-2. 10 wins, 9 draws and 7 defeats, 1 point off of the top six. Bit harsh, or with te right appointment will they break into the top six and push for promotion?

Edit- Bloody hell, Henning Berg's been sacked by Blackburn now as well!

If this works, then yeah is a bit mad, will edit the thread title if I get chance

We are 5 points adrift and require new management desperately

• Paid Members

The reaction of Forest fans has been a bit insane. I'm witholding judgement until I see who they bring in and what they do in January.

Although, if it's Roy Keane or Alex Mcleish, the board can fuck right off.

The that way my beloved Rovers are run is an absolute debacle. The fact that Kean kept his job as long as he did was ridiculous enough, but to then sack a manager after 57 days is insanity. Especially as it took over a month to make sure that we absolutely got the right man in! To be fair, I believe that Berg may have been out of his depth and should have never been given the job in the first place, considering the names that were reportedly interested in taking the job. Instead the owners took the cheap option and appointed a fan favourite when an experienced manager should have been put in place. It's all a mess. Roll on the Sparky Era Part II. Except it won't be as fun this time.

• Paid Members
The reaction of Forest fans has been a bit insane. I'm witholding judgement until I see who they bring in and what they do in January.

Although, if it's Roy Keane or Alex Mcleish, the board can fuck right off.

Oh dear...

Archived