Butch And D-Mal's James Bond Learning Tree Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Good grief, no one put down Moonraker as THE worst Bond of all time? It quite clearly is.

It's not, though. Has everyone been zapped with the Men In Black thing and forgotten Never Say Never Again? Fuck's sake.
Which in turn isnt even as bad as Die Another Day.
Precisely. Moonraker is MARVELLOUS fun.

Good grief, no one put down Moonraker as THE worst Bond of all time? It quite clearly is. However Moore is my Bond. The Man With The Golden Gun my fav Bond movie. But I believe from a purist point of view that either Goldfinger or FRWL are the best Bonds. Pat so your the person who liked Tomorrow Never Dies. Had to be one I suppose.

I'm not much of a fa of Moonraker but TMWTGG is certainly not many leagues above it, if it is at all.

Pat so your the person who liked Tomorrow Never Dies. Had to be one I suppose.

Its a good bond, with some nice henchmen, a flawed and ultimately dead old love, some nice gadgetry and some cracking set pieces like the helicopter or the sliding down the building or the driverless car. I dont really get the hate for it tbh

• Paid Members

Lots of you are trying to ruin this thread. How can me and Gladstone educate the masses when people are making such grand and fraudulent claims as "Roger Moore isn't the best Bond".

It's like I said before, people don't want to learn. Apparently many of them would prefer to watch Daniel Craig frowning a lot than watch Roger Moore take on Yaphet Kotto.

• Paid Members

Thank you, pat and Tommy!, your services are no longer required.

:laugh: The main thing for me is I can see the big appeal for the Moore style, its just not my bag.I do fucking love "man with the golden gun" and "view to a kill" though, even if Moore does come across as a total twat to me.I'm going to buck trend and piss off Gladstone even more I assume by saying the Dalton films are up there as some of my favourites, with Goldeneye.In fact I may go so far as to say they are only beaten by Goldfinger.*awaits being torn to shreds* Edited by Tommy!

,as is Brosnans "I though Christmas only comes once a year" quip in The World Is Not Enough.saucy indeed.

My personal most hated thing in any film ever.Firstly, Denise Richards plays some kind of super genuis scientist which is fucking stupid enough. She even wears glasses because I guess all scientists have poor eye sight. Then she is called Christmas Jones, which is a name that no one would ever call their daughter, just for the sole reason they can use the really fucking shit "Christmas comes once a year" joke which anyone with a brain could see a mile away the minute Denise fucking big tits bimbo Richards introduces herself as super nuclear scientist "Doctor Christmas Jones".I know Bond movies are supposed to be tongue in cheeck but the whole thing is so fucking contrived, crappy, idiotic and unimaginative. It's not even remotely clever, and when people in the cinema laughed at it I wanted to set them all on fucking fire.
Not a Denise Richards fan then? ;) I'd agree that she was pretty naff in the film,even she was a looker.I enjoyed the line,childish as it was.Connery was indeed the king of the one liners tho upon refelection "shocking","she had her kicks" etc. On a side note,this months Empire magazine has a great look back at the history of Bond along with a look at Skyfall.I think it's safe to assume that it's going to be better than Quantam,not that that's saying much really is it.