Nominate A Thread For Gold

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Hello.This thread is here for you to nominate the next threads that will go into Gold. Here are the rules.1) This thread will stay open until May 21st.2) You can nominate a maximum of five threads, but please provide links and the thread title if possible.3) NO SECONDING. Otherwise it just becomes a lot harder to manage and count. You can nominate threads that others have nominated, just mention them yourself.4) You don't have to nominate them all in one post. You can go back and edit a post or just post again.5) No limit on on or off topic threads - you can pick as many or as few as you want from each.6) Yes, you can discuss and argue for them.7) The 10 threads with the most nominations will then be put in a final poll and be voted on by Paidos and mods in the super secret forum. If you want in on the action, PM neil and ask for a paid account. Don't PM Woyzeck because he deliberately keeps his PM box full so mongs can't get through to him.8) The top 5 will then be put in Gold. The results will be published in this thread.9) Moderators may make the decision to automatically put some threads straight into gold anyway, as that is their right.Okay, that's it. Any questions, ask in this thread. Start nominating!

• Awards Moderator

I'll kick off then:

Undertaker/Sting Discussion Thread

Reasons self explanatory for this one - the people utterly convinced Sting would debut, the chins, the different beards, the wild speculation. Compelling reading, the way it starts gently and people begin to convince themselves that it is Sting... and then it all falls apart.

The Second Celebrity Twatlist

Tooting my own horn here a bit, but the first one made it into Gold and I'd love for the second one to go in alongside it. There was loads of very funny contribution from a wide range of members - the James Corden entry alone proves that, but the various rants on the likes of Jamie Redknapp, Dappy and so on are great stuff. It'd also be dead handy if the ban on Lists was lifted and I saw opportunity to do a third one.

I'd suggest Ian's Top 50 Wrestlers thread for all the superb posts in that countdown, but I still live in hope that he'll get round to finishing it.

The Randy Savage memorial thread was just generally a nice love-in.

Draw a picture of a wrestler in Paint really needs to be in there.

Everything else I would have nominated has already made it into Gold - Steve Justice and the toilet seat, etc.

If you're going to add the MS Paint thread, get all the photos and put them together into one account so they don't get lost over the course of time. Other Gold image threads have suffered because the pics get purged or deleted.

• Paid Members

Sod it, I'm nominating my own thread: UKFF Fantasy Booking Cup

I nominate that not for personal glory, but for some of the brilliant booking ideas posted throughout. It's got a little bit of everything, from comedy to some more serious angles, great ideas for big returns and all kinds of other crazy scenarios thrown in. I think it was well recieved by most people.

Also-

I'll nominateTwatlist II as it's a brilliant read, just as the first was. Brilliant write ups from HG and great quotes from other esteemed members of the forum.

I'd like to nominate the Battle Rap competition, but it consists of several threads over the different rounds. If we can find a way to combine all the entries in one thread, brilliant.

• Awards Moderator

I'm going to nominate the off-topic Comments that don't warrant... thread. Yes, it's got a load of stuff in there which is hardly memorable, but it's got some great little stories, one-liners and fun & games in there to be the kind of thread you can stumble in to at any time, on any page and jump from one subject to another but still maintain an interest. It's also just over a year old, so we could retire it and start a version 2 in the same way the Films and DVD thread was re-launched.

I don't really read much of the on-topic version but if that's of a similar nature it could get the same treatment.

Probably a bit boring to those that don't follow it, but is there any chance the Premier League threads from the last couple of years could go in Gold? I started reading this season's from the start during slow bits at work recently, and it's great for the "Look how stupid we all were", "Wow, he was bang on", "ha ha, what a load of shit", and all of us having our joy/tantrums after big games. Some good moments of UKFF aggro too.

10/11

11/12

I'm also in for the Fantasy Booking Cup making it, and like Nicko, it's strictly to inflate my own ego.

• Awards Moderator

What was the name of that thread where people described the worst things they'd ever done? 'Personal Low Points' or something? It was the one that resulted in Ian's 'tournament' graph picture thing. That was a great read.It's a shame individual posts can't make it into Gold. I have zero idea what thread it was in, but Burchill's Buddy's 'Man Meat'/Ji Sung Park/Yorkshire Terrier story should be immortalised and never forgotten.

MMA Past Fight Discussion

Fifty pages of MMA discussion and reviews on dozens of MMA events, includes a shed load of old UFC, Pride, WEC reviews and recommendations. More obscure/less mainstream stuff like WFA, Rumble on the Rock, Cage Rage, IFL, discussion on works in shoots, Wandshogun's fantastic career history of Wanderlei Silva, must see fights, links to cool youtube stuff, articles etc. The MMA equivalent to the pro wrestling Old School thread which is already in in Gold.

• Paid Members

Right, in response to some of the suggestions of the last few posts and it's something I've considered mentioning before, how about another section, The UKFF Archive or something, just to store and keep hold of threads that could be useful or worth keeping for historical purpose but that wouldn't be considered The UKFF finest material. Or just combine the two kind of as is but call it UKFF VINTAGE instead.

I'm genuinely astonished that Steve Justice's tell-all NOTW expose of his toilet habits hasn't been mentioned. The immediate backlash of disgust is something wondrous. Thread of the century. That's my number 1 pick.

Archived