Indy wank from the late 90s/early 2000s.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michael Modest was politicked out of a job with WWE, as he refused to talk himself up backstage.

Much like Johnny Fairplay was nixed from a spot on Sunday's pay-per-view due to his insistance on adhering to the rulebook.

Vic Grimes.

I remember him getting rave reviews for a Falls Count Anywhere match with Erin O Grady [Crash Holly] in APW that, apparently, resulted in both of them getting signed to WWF.

I remember a dive that he did from the garage doors of APWs home venue had the magazines touting him as the next Mick Foley.

Sadly, he was pretty crap with anyone other than O Grady and only made one appearance for WWF on Shotgun as 'Key' dressed all in white and looking like a fat Mordecai.

His career highlight will be that ridiculously insane bump he took from the scaffolding, courtesy of New Jack, in XPW.

I'll always remember him as the fat useless fuck who sat on New Jacks head on PPV.

Was he really touted as something worth while? I just find that so hard to believe because he was such a massive turd in so, so many ways.

I'm sure the last time I saw him was in WWECW in 2006 where he was dressed as a priest and Sandman beat the shit out of him...

• Moderators
Vic Grimes.

I remember him getting rave reviews for a Falls Count Anywhere match with Erin O Grady [Crash Holly] in APW that, apparently, resulted in both of them getting signed to WWF.

I remember a dive that he did from the garage doors of APWs home venue had the magazines touting him as the next Mick Foley.

Sadly, he was pretty crap with anyone other than O Grady and only made one appearance for WWF on Shotgun as 'Key' dressed all in white and looking like a fat Mordecai.

His career highlight will be that ridiculously insane bump he took from the scaffolding, courtesy of New Jack, in XPW.

I'll always remember him as the fat useless fuck who sat on New Jacks head on PPV.

Was he really touted as something worth while? I just find that so hard to believe because he was such a massive turd in so, so many ways.

I'm sure the last time I saw him was in WWECW in 2006 where he was dressed as a priest and Sandman beat the shit out of him...

Wasn't that Vic's fellow baldie Tony DeVito?

What came of Shooter Schultz and The Hardkore Kid? They were touted a lot back in the day.

Last I heard about Schultz was when he was in Memphis Championship Wrestling. He was one of Shawn's students and got signed to a WWF developmental contract the same time as Danielson, Spanky and Lance Cade. He was pretty good from what I remember aswell.

Was Hardkore Kid, Aaron Aguilera or someone else? I remember the name but that's it, bar I think he was a UPW guy.

Vic Grimes.

Yes you're right, had them confused for some reason...

What about brownhunter.jpg

Slyk Wagner Brown and April Hunter - last seen in roh 2002 IIRC

and

mike_rapada.jpg

Mike Rapada the Colorado Kid and NWA Champ!

14.jpg

Not the greatest image in the world, but that is the legend that was Devon Storm who later went to mild success in WCW as Crowbar. His name was always incredibly ubiquitous in the likes of PWI and so forth.

Good shout. His Team Extreme tag partner Ace Darling aswell. They wrestled a few matches in WCW together, most notably getting destroyed by Hall & Nash in WCW's attempts to stick it to ECW.

• Paid Members
Vic Grimes.

I loved Da Baldies, for the simple reason that, as the Dudleys were based on Slapshot, Da Baldies were based on the awesome The Wanderers.

• Moderators

Oh God, I've just remembered Mike Rapada.

200px-Rapada.jpg

Called "The Colorado Kid" despite being about 40, Rapada was all over the indy pages of PWI and WOW, got a quick run as a member of R&B Security, and probably paid (or fellated) for a NWA World Title reign. I've seen him wrestle the sum of about 3 matches, but assumed as a child he must be fucking great as he's all over magazines.

He wasn't great. At all.

Lots of good names being mentioned in this topic. Really brings me back in the days when I would read all about these guys and I'd be dying to see some footage of them only to be disappointed once I did. At least that was the case with most of them.

Anyway, I got another one that I remember hearing a lot about back in the day - Ace Darling. I vaguely remember him getting squashed one time on Nitro too.

03.jpg

And also, "Shooter" Tony Jones from Beyond the Mat fame:

Tony_Jones.jpg

Then there's also Mike Quackenbush. He used to be an internet darling back in the late 90s. I remember hearing quite a bit about him as well. 10+ years later he's still going strong. Good for him.

What came of Shooter Schultz and The Hardkore Kid? They were touted a lot back in the day.

Last I heard about Schultz was when he was in Memphis Championship Wrestling. He was one of Shawn's students and got signed to a WWF developmental contract the same time as Danielson, Spanky and Lance Cade. He was pretty good from what I remember aswell.

Was Hardkore Kid, Aaron Aguilera or someone else? I remember the name but that's it, bar I think he was a UPW guy.

Like Snitsky mentioned above, Hardcore Kid and Aaron Aguilera are the same guy.

Archived