Smackdown spoilers for 6/4/12

SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members
Not having at least a speaking role on Raw was pretty damning, as is Sheamus/ADR carrying on as if he's not there. If they book D-Bry's rematch on TV (or if they forget it all together) I'd say he's fucked...

I'd give it a few months before saying he's fucked. Mind, CM Punk was kicked down the card quite a few times, but they eventually decided to push him with the main eventers again because he's too bloody good not too (and he took his chances) - I can see something similar happening with D Bryan. They're fucking idiots if they don't capitalise on his current popularity though, as it's not like their roster filled with wrestlers folk care about (hence why they've paid Lesnar so much for so little).

Sheamus stinking up the show with his babyface act only highlights how good Smackdown was when Bryan/Show/Henry were all over it. I wish one of the three would get their belt back.

I quite like the entrance music of both Ace and Ryback. Can't wait for more Ryback goodness - he needs a better finisher, they should have kept his big lariat.

Back to D Bryan, his segment was again the highlight of the show. AJ is terrific at getting sympathy. Hopefully they get back together though, they're a great double act.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe she will play a hand in helping him get the title eventually, perhaps not a heel turn where she purposely does something to help him but where D-Bryan plays on her feelings for him still and it results in a distraction which proves major. I would refrain from saying she turns heel fully because as someone said she has a lot left as a potential face still and they seem to have only touched the tip of the iceberg with that direction. She could be a great contender for the Divas belt and would make a nice change from the same old Kelly Kelly title contender-routine. Might even make the Divas belt scene interesting. I like the idea of her winning the Divas belt and being so nice and selfless/in love, feels horrible that while she is champ, D-Bryan isn't, and tries to help him win his title back as well so they can be double champs together.

• Paid Members
Maybe she will play a hand in helping him get the title eventually, perhaps not a heel turn where she purposely does something to help him but where D-Bryan plays on her feelings for him still and it results in a distraction which proves major. I would refrain from saying she turns heel fully because as someone said she has a lot left as a potential face still and they only touched the tip of the iceberg with that direction. She could be a great contender for the Divas belt and would make a nice change from the same old Kelly Kelly title contender. Might even make the Divas belt interesting. I like the idea of her winning the Divas belt and being so nice and selfless/in love, feels horrible that while she is champ, D-Bryan isn't and tries to help him win his title back as well.

Yeah, that's where I think this is going, Bryan manipulating AJ into helping him cheat his way to a big win.

I don't like Skip's 'nicked-from-RVD' ring gear...

Tasteless bastard. He looked good, not many wrestlers go for that look these days too.

The word "Awful" doesn't even begin to describe how bad that show was. They really don't bother with Smackdown anymore do they? It's such a shame, as Wrestlemania and Monday's Raw are both solid examples of how good a show they can put on when they actually care.

The word "Awful" doesn't even begin to describe how bad that show was. They really don't bother with Smackdown anymore do they? It's such a shame, as Wrestlemania and Monday's Raw are both solid examples of how good a show they can put on when they actually care.

Awful? Really?

I quite enjoyed it tbh, John Laurinitus was funny and set the tone for his new reign by embarrassing Teddy and setting up unfair matches which i'm sure will lead to some good feuds. Kane and Randy Orton was a fun 'mania rematch. Daniel Bryan cut a great promo (and said he has a rematch, thank god). Ryback showed Lord Tensai how to properly squash someone without taking 10 minutes. Maybe i'm biased, but loved the ring gear, and i'm glad hes a Goldberg style asskicking face now. they got that right. Sheamus and Del Rio was decent for what it was and no doubts sets up a future match. Big Show and Cody is set to continue and I enjoyed that little bit too. And Orsen Welles inspired Damien Sandow might be really good too.

I'm going for a 3 way at extreme rules where Aj distracts shaemus, maybe by playing possum after a bump, which allows Bryan to get the win over ADR

Awful? Really?

I quite enjoyed it tbh, John Laurinitus was funny and set the tone for his new reign by embarrassing Teddy and setting up unfair matches which i'm sure will lead to some good feuds. Kane and Randy Orton was a fun 'mania rematch. Daniel Bryan cut a great promo (and said he has a rematch, thank god). Ryback showed Lord Tensai how to properly squash someone without taking 10 minutes. Maybe i'm biased, but loved the ring gear, and i'm glad hes a Goldberg style asskicking face now. they got that right. Sheamus and Del Rio was decent for what it was and no doubts sets up a future match. Big Show and Cody is set to continue and I enjoyed that little bit too. And Orsen Welles inspired Damien Sandow might be really good too.

I'd definitely agree. I've seen far worse episodes of Smackdown, so it didn't fall into 'awful' territory for me.

Certainly not on Raw levels of awesomeness this week, but certainly starting to move in the right direction.

• Paid Members

Ryback looks the fucking business!! I got well excited when his name appeared on the titantron for his squash of Barry Stevens. I love his ring attire and even his finisher. Looks like he's about to be pushed as a bit of a Goldberg clone. Can't wait to see more of him. His squash was way better than the one we saw from supposed super-worker Albert on Monday night.

Damien Sandow looks interesting, I like his beard. Another one of those heel gimmicks where you can't help but agree with the guy's opinions though.

Sheamus is a boring babyface isn't he? I like the guy, but he needs a decent storyline to get his teeth into. Johnny Ace being GM of SD will help that.

The Daniel Bryan segment was excellent. Dumping AJ is logical, but I would have liked them to have dragged the split out for a little while longer, because they make a good double act. Bryan did make reference to his title rematch, so hopefully he will be kept in the main event picture. He certainly deserves to be.

Loved Rybacks singlet, Ive wanted a big guy to wear one for ages it makes there chest/shoulders look even bigger and it makes them stand out from the trunk wearers. Lesnar wore a singlet in OVW and looked massive (which he was anyway) but added to the look

Mason Ryan shouldve worn one to look less like Batista.

I also wasn't a big fan of Skip Sheffield in RVD's hand-me-downs, but it was a pleasant surprise because when I saw the jobber in the ring I was expecting Albert to come down and be rubbish again. For folks who paid more attention to the commentary, did they ever mention Ryback being Skip Sheffield or is he meant to be a new lad? Because as he went for his finisher, I thought he screamed "I'm back!"

Sheamus is a boring babyface isn't he? I like the guy, but he needs a decent storyline to get his teeth into. Johnny Ace being GM of SD will help that.

Surely not. It's only about two months since Johnny's last "babyface champion vs heel authority figure" storyline.

• Paid Members
I also wasn't a big fan of Skip Sheffield in RVD's hand-me-downs, but it was a pleasant surprise because when I saw the jobber in the ring I was expecting Albert to come down and be rubbish again. For folks who paid more attention to the commentary, did they ever mention Ryback being Skip Sheffield or is he meant to be a new lad? Because as he went for his finisher, I thought he screamed "I'm back!"

Surely not. It's only about two months since Johnny's last "babyface champion vs heel authority figure" storyline.

They did mention that he was formerly a contestant on the first season of NXT, but was sidelined by an injury. They didn't mention that he was known as Skip Sheffield, or that he was in the Nexus.

As a heel authority figure, Johnny is going to always be feuding with the top babyfaces, that's almost unavoidable. It will do Sheamus good to have a GM that is consistently stacking the odds against him though.

• Paid Members

How great was the jobber? Maybe the most snivelling, weasel-like voice I've ever heard. If Ryback didn't come out and destroy him, I'd have had to run down and do it myself.

He should be signed to a permanent deal. I think I'd even be willing to part with cash to see him get his cunt kicked in again.

Archived