Smackdown spoilers for 6/4/12

SpiritOfTheForest

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was dead impressed with Ryback's debut. About 10x better than shitty Lord Tensai's. I'm gutted he didn't do his lariat, but his musclebuster type move and his Goldberg bodypress/pumphandle combo looked great.

• Paid Members

WWE has got a great vibe about it coming off WrestleMania, which should always be a very good thing. It's great to see them continuing old tradition of debuting (or re-debuting) a few new acts in post 'Mania season. I'm liking the look of the Damien Sandow Shiz. Much like Stanton i'm all over the beard, but as has been well established, I've got a thing for big beards. I'm gutted Brock didn't come back with his tbh.

Danny Bry and AJ are just terrific. Especially Daniel Bryan, tremendous segment. Anyone who thinks he's being buried needs their head checked. I love how wrestling stories/angles/matches can be wonderfully subtle sometimes which it will never, ever get credit for and always be regarded lowest common denominator form of entertainment because it so often has to be that so that everyone gets it. How anyone can think he's currently being buried and fucked here is beyond me.

I must concur that apart from Goldberg 2.0 and the impending 200-odd win streak he's about to go on only to be defeated by a decrepid Kevin Nash in two years time the show was pretty shitty.

Isn't Damien Sandow the former 'Aaron 'Idol' Stevens', he of teaming with KC James and being managed by one of the divas (McCool?)fame? They don't half look alike.

• Paid Members

I can see a lot of potential in this Sandow gimmick. It reminds me of Mr Backlund a bit, but with the intention of re-programming this generation thrown in.

Archived