Christ, mate, get those clothes changed

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
All Star and The Wrestling Alliance had a great business strategy in the early 2000s. When the boom period hit, they brought in a load of ex-WWF wrestlers. I think All Star were going through huge business for themselves off the back of it. Virgil was like Goldberg on some of those shows. Earthquake turned up as well. As Earthquake. You'd have thought he'd have upgraded to Golga. Could have flogged a load of bootleg South Park merch if he had his thinking cap on.

Why bother? Put Karl Krammer under a mask, and bingo - he works twice, you pay him once, you still get Tenta's fat face, and you flog a bunch of beanies anyway.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what Matt Hardy was wearing during his return to the independent circuit last week but I thought he looked outdated and in need of a freshen up when he came to TNA wearing his baggy camo pants last year. His 2009 black tights were much better and it's a shame that the heel run didn't come amount to anything.

Off topic, but with regards to the All Star stuff - I think between All Star and what I think was Orig Williams ran shows at Rhyl in the late 90's, I managed to see a blag LOD, The Undertaker, Kane (who for some reason was stamping his feet and going COME OOOOON), a fake X Pac with fake Tori, The Rock(who I think was Boston Blackie), Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mankind, the actual PN News and The Bushwhackers and a guy as white as Arctic snow being presented as from Mexico.

On topic - Barry Darsow really needs to just face up to going on the indys as Repo Man or Blacktop Bully instead of one of Demolition, because that gear just doesn't do him any favours these days -

qzj9zo.jpg

s6hvrq.jpg

• Paid Members
On topic - Barry Darsow really needs to just face up to going on the indys as Repo Man or Blacktop Bully instead of one of Demolition, because that gear just doesn't do him any favours these days -

qzj9zo.jpg

s6hvrq.jpg

Its the crap face paint attempt that bothers me. Ax clearly understands his physical outbox, that singlet with the leather vest as ringside attire, would be fine. Smash looks like he joined Gary Glitters gang.

The facepaint.. howay lads, sort it out

Out of interest didnt Ax get in some legal bother with the then WWF over the use of the name Ax and Demolition in the early/mid 90's???? I never heard how it ended (wwf didnt usually lose that stuff) so was wondering wether Ax won or wether Wwe no longer cares about the use of the likeness/name??

• Paid Members

If you have the patience to take them to court, WWE or TNA havent got much of a leg to stand on as far as owning the names are concerned. If you dont care about burning a bridge and have the time and money, any wrestler can get their name back. Wrestling contracts are so one sided. Most either cant be arsed or cant afford it. Honky Tonk Man, Jake Roberts, Demolition and a load of others sorted their names out in the early 90s when WWF tried it on. Steve Austin walked out in 2004 because they wouldnt allow him to use the "Stone Cold" name. That got smoothed over, though. Neither side seemed to want that debate to turn sour in court.

• Paid Members

Does Ax have a walking stick in his hand there??

The Pitcos lookalike on the front row looks like he's bagged himself a cracking photo of Smash bending over in his S&M gear there.

I met Demolition a few years back at one of those WrestleSlam conventions. They looked fucking tragic wearing grandad knitwear with half-arsed face paint on.

• Paid Members
Ax essentially looks just the same though, minus the awesome silver face paint. More power to the lad.

I've said this a few times on this forum, but I'm always intrigued by the fact that Crush was brought in to WWF in the early summer of 1990 because Ax was knocking on a bit and failing in health yet, approaching a quarter-century later, Brian Adams is sadly no longer with us while Bill Eadie still works indies.

Ax essentially looks just the same though, minus the awesome silver face paint. More power to the lad.

I've said this a few times on this forum, but I'm always intrigued by the fact that Crush was brought in to WWF in the early summer of 1990 because Ax was knocking on a bit and failing in health yet, approaching a quarter-century later, Brian Adams is sadly no longer with us while Bill Eadie still works indies.

Brian Adams seemed to die from the atypical big man steroid users death though, whereas Bill Eadie has just looked chronically done in for a good decade or more now.

Archived