Christ, mate, get those clothes changed

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

A thread dedicated to people who just wont give up that look. Marty Jannetty basically wins this thread, so I'm setting a high standard early on. There's a good 17 years between those two photos below. Pretty much 99% of the ECW roster will qualify as well I'd imagine.

marty-jannetty7.jpgMarty.jpg

Disclaimer: You are forgiven if your Steve Austin or The Rock or someone. There's a different between an iconic look and someone who just wont buy new duds.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
A thread dedicated to people who just wont give up that look. Marty Jannetty basically wins this thread, so I'm setting a high standard early on. There's a good 17 years between those two photos below. Pretty much 99% of the ECW roster will qualify as well I'd imagine.

marty-jannetty7.jpgMarty.jpg

Disclaimer: You are forgiven if your Steve Austin or The Rock or someone. There's a different between an iconic look and someone who just wont buy new duds.

In respect to Jannetty I imagine they were the only pair of vintage rockers gear he had lying around his cupboard after these years. He wore some weird looking indie-riffic attire on his other comeback appearances. Am I only going crazy or does Marty Jannetty appear to have gotten shorter. Seeing him in this topic made me watch his comeback matches just then and he looks tiny in the WWE ring compared to back in the day.

• Paid Members

I've got a picture of me and Marty Janetty at the first ever wrestling show I went to (All Star, Scarborough, March 2001). Really tempted to have a look for it just to see if he's wearing those tights.

• Paid Members

All Star and The Wrestling Alliance had a great business strategy in the early 2000s. When the boom period hit, they brought in a load of ex-WWF wrestlers. I think All Star were going through huge business for themselves off the back of it. Virgil was like Goldberg on some of those shows. Earthquake turned up as well. As Earthquake. You'd have thought he'd have upgraded to Golga. Could have flogged a load of bootleg South Park merch if he had his thinking cap on.

• Paid Members

Everyone was fucking mad for Jannetty even though only a handful had probably even heard of him. "Former WWF Tag Team Champion" = crowd sold. They didn't even mention Michaels, as he wasn't around at the time.

The show also had a fat fake Kane. To this day I wonder who it was.

I've said before, I went to one of those shows with Earthquake on and there were some young kids in front going "I heard the main event is a four-way between The Rock, Stone Cold, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels." They must've been gutted with Earthquake and Black Power Ranger vs Paul and Tom.

Put me down as another fan of the All Star Wrestling boom period of bringing in ex-WWF guys in the early noughties. Saw Tatanka, Earthquake and Jake Roberts back in the day, and remember being utterly enthralled when Joe Legend revealed he used to be Sunday Night Heat legend Just Joe.

Archived