NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I'm really liking "That 90's Guy" Xavier Woods. Great fun, and his theme is amazing. Love a wrestler singing along to his own music, too. "Lost in the Woods" is a shit name for a finisher though, even for a goofy character. Either of the names Gail Kim's used for the move (Sole Food/Eat Defeat) would actually work really well for Woods, if they can get away with nicking one (I know TNA use "Eat Defeat" now, but I don't recall if "Sole Food" was a prior TNA name, or used in WWE. Get the feeling it was the former, and they just changed it on a whim). Otherwise, give it a name with a 90's TV reference.

I thought he was ok, but then his power rangers watch went off and I died. Tremendous

I'm really liking "That 90's Guy" Xavier Woods. Great fun, and his theme is amazing. Love a wrestler singing along to his own music, too. "Lost in the Woods" is a shit name for a finisher though, even for a goofy character. Either of the names Gail Kim's used for the move (Sole Food/Eat Defeat) would actually work really well for Woods, if they can get away with nicking one (I know TNA use "Eat Defeat" now, but I don't recall if "Sole Food" was a prior TNA name, or used in WWE. Get the feeling it was the former, and they just changed it on a whim). Otherwise, give it a name with a 90's TV reference.

I thought he was ok, but then his power rangers watch went off and I died. Tremendous
He's a man after my own heart. Power Rangers and Kanye West references glorious. EDIT: I now realise it's a Bon Iver reference, which is still pretty great.I like Leforte & The Rednecks. They are such an odd couple, they might actually work in the WWE. Its a shame we're post brand extension because they'd slot in nicely on the SmackDown undercard. Edited by Froggivizal_Version1.0

• Paid Members

I know Twitter is a minefield for wrestling spoilers, but in the last hour I've seen 3 different WWE employees spoiling the result of the NXT Womens Tournament. Renee Young, Rosa Mendes, and the winner of the tournament itself! Bad form ladies, why not wait until it's aired?!

Is it even aired in the states?

• 2 weeks later...

This week stuff

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Trust Antonio to pull a decent match out of Bo. I don't know what they're doing with Dallas, he gets some quite viscous go away heat and his promos seem to point to him being a heel, yet there's no sign of that in his matches or opponents. At least he's quite interesting for once.

The crowd were livelier than I've ever seen a NXT crowd. Was this lot part of the tapings which had Flair on? It didn't seem as far behind as usual as Cesaro was already doing his 'We The People' thing. They were also chanting along to catchphrases I didn't even know were a thing yet (sawft?). That Enzo Amore/Mason Ryan squash was great. He needs a little work on his promos but he's already proper entertaining. Mason Ryan's going nowhere fast though. The highlight of the show this week was Regal getting 'tosspot' on WWE tv.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Is it even aired in the states?

JR has said that there's now plans to get it on TV in the states.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Cheers,

Even though I do read the spoilers, as it's weeks ago I tend to have forgotten, and when I actually watch it a lot of the time I've forgotten who wins and whether the opinion was that something was good or not.

Watched NXT for the first time EVER last night (sky plus) and I've got to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm guessing by the response Big E was getting that the tapings are a few months behind?

There's one set of tapings a month, taping 4 shows at a time. Big E has always been a face in NXT, even when on Raw as a heel. On NXT he's got a '5 count' gimmick where after pinning his opponent 1-2-3 and winning his match he picks them up, hits his finisher again and covers them again hitting the mat 5 times.

After seeing some of her stuff recently I must say I'm looking forward to Rebecca Knox getting on to NXT telly. She's got the lot - 'Diva' material looks, mega charismatic, Irish, great promo, funny as fuck, excellent in the ring - they now have a couple of women decent enough to hang with her as well. She's been out of the business for a few years so it'll be interesting to see what kind of condition she's in. She could be as big a star as a diva can be in WWE.

Unmasking Generico is looking like it was a good idea too. He's charm and personality is doing wonders in making him shine. It helps that NXT don't script the fuck out their promos but he come across as more natural and likeable than any other babyface in WWE.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash