NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I thought that match was OK, but was struck by how believable Summer Rae is as a heel. Her walk down the ramp, gestures to the crowd, referee, and opponent between moves and her intensity doing the moves - I can see her fitting in to the current WWE roster nicely.

Then again, Aksana shows those same qualities on NXT every other week but hasn't managed to translate it to SmackDown.

As we're on the subject of NXT Diva matches, Naomi's firey performance last week was tremendous. Hopefully she gets more stuff to do this year than the shite she currently does on Raw/SmackDown.

• Paid Members
I thought that match was OK, but was struck by how believable Summer Rae is as a heel. Her walk down the ramp, gestures to the crowd, referee, and opponent between moves and her intensity doing the moves - I can see her fitting in to the current WWE roster nicely.

Then again, Aksana shows those same qualities on NXT every other week but hasn't managed to translate it to SmackDown.

As we're on the subject of NXT Diva matches, Naomi's firey performance last week was tremendous. Hopefully she gets more stuff to do this year than the shite she currently does on Raw/SmackDown.

Summer Rae will surely go far, she's like McCool and Maryse thrown into a blender.

• Paid Members

Agreed, I thought she was ace. I love the 'mudflap girl' recline she does on the top turnbuckle as part of her entrance, awesome.

Then again, I may just be a mark for people sitting on the top rope in unusual ways, as I remember thinking it was really cool when Hawkins & Reks (in their 'People Power' advocacy phase, I believe) delivered promos sitting on the outside of the top turnbuckles, and wondering why no-one much more significant had ever done something as sweet as that.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Bo Dallas and Adrian Neville defeated Erick Rowan and Luke Harper

* William Regal came out and attacked Kassius Ohno, who was on commentary.

* Sasha Banks and Paige beat Audrey Marie and Summer Rae when Summer ran away from the match.

* NXT Champion Big E Langston defeated Conor O'Brian with the title on the line

Airing April 11th:

* Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns beat Scott Dawson, Axl Keegan and Percy Watson. They hit the triple powerbomb on Dawson after the match. Ambrose said justice has been served for NXT. Rollins and Reigns also cut a promo. Corey Graves appeared on the big screen and said he doesn't believe in The Shield. Graves issues a challenge for next week.

* The Bella Twins beat Cameron and Naomi

* William Regal defeated Kassius Ohno in the match of the night

Airing April 18th:

* Tonight's show has a champions theme and will feature title matches.

* WWE US Champion Antonio Cesaro defeated NXT Tag Team Champion Andrian Neville

* WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn beat AJ Lee

* WWE NXT Champion Big E Langston beat Brad Maddox

* WWE IC Champion Wade Barrett beat Bo Dallas

Airing April 25th:

* Emma defeated Bayley

* Leo Kruger beat Justin Gabriel

* Bray Wyatt beat Yoshi Tatsu. After the match, The Wyatt Family attacked Yoshi.

* Seth Rollins beat Corey Graves in a Lumberjack Match. The Lumberjacks were a bunch of NXT stars. After the match, Reigns and Ambrose came down and attacked the Lumberjacks, getting the upperhand.

Airing May 2nd:

* The Wyatt Family defeated Primo & Epico and Adrien Neville & Bo Dallas in a tag team elimination match.

* Paige beat Summer Rae

* Chris Jericho defeated Bray Wyatt

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Spoilers for the next 5 weeks of NXT. Looks like a great taping and some strong shows coming up.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed this week's episode much more than last week.

Kruger vs Gabriel was solid. Interesting to see Kruger use Nigel McGuinness' old London Dungeon finish.

Regal's segment with Kassius Ohno was very believable, as you would expect given the amount of reality referenced. The build to their eventual match is going great.

The main event was transplanted straight out of DGUSA, good stuff, and the Brits/Bo Dallas vs Wyatt Family feels like a proper feud now.

Bring on next week.

It's a bit ridiculous that this is by far WWE's best show at the moment. A nice concise show where everybody has a story and is doing something. I even watch the diva's matches.

I was thinking the same thing.

2 weeks away from WrestleMania and Raw is only my 3rd favourite wrestling show at the moment, behind NXT & Impact. :(

• Paid Members
I'm predicting Harper to do well on the main roster.

Only if he stays with the Wyatt Family or gets some other hillbilly gimmick. He's a big lad, but not really got much of a physique on him. Doesn't fit the mould.

I'm still really enjoying the Wyatt Family on NXT, but I have no idea whether they will get called up to the main roster as a collective. I hope so.

I've slagged off Kassius Ohno plenty of times in this thread in the past for looking absolutely appalling but am happy to see that he's looking much better in recent weeks. He's sorted his beard out, got some better gear and looks to have trimmed up a little bit.

• Paid Members

A question for anyone who followed FCW before the NXT switch - is this current Regal/Ohno angle effectively a rehash of the Regal/Ambrose feud?

I've only seen snippets of the latter or read about it, but the main facets appear virtually identical - Regal sees himself in the younger man but doesn't want him to end up haunted by the evil things he's done like Regal is now, younger man respected Regal in his youth but now wants no advice from a guy they now see as washed-up, violence ensues, Regal is remorseful about it, younger man taunts Regal by doing things like ripping off his moves (Ohno did a version of the Regal Stretch last week but, as befits the former Chris Hero, he had to put a cravat into it. Man, Chris Hero loved a cravat...), likelihood is Regal will 'snap' and be evil to him and love it once more. Just seems very similar.

Not reading the spoilers as I enjoy the show too much, but working from the end of the episode just aired, I'd love to see WWE build towards some kind of 2-hour "NXT Supercard" special. No practical reason for them to do it, but I think an NXT "big event" would be great right now - backbone of it would be Langston vs. Graves vs. O'Brian for the title (Big E drops to Graves so he can move onwards & upwards in WWE), Dallas/Neville/Grey vs. Wyatt Family, Summer Rae vs. Paige, Gabriel vs. Kruger in some kind of gimmick match (ladder match for some kind of WWE opportunity- IC/US Title shot?) and of course Regal vs. Ohno.

Pad that out with a couple of main roster vs. NXT up-and-comers (the likes of Woods, Dalton & Carter) matches, and that's a damn good little event, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...