NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Darts springs to mind straight away for chants at PDC events. It's gone stale now as no new ones have been created during actual play. It's always the Yaya and stand up if you love the darts bore! One song I can't make out. It sounds like the crowd are saying "boring boring Neville" If so, that sums Gary to a tee!

There's definitely been a shift in that direction at the "bigger" BritWres shows (PCW, PROGRESS, RevPro, ICW) towards more of the traditional, fun British/European sports atmosphere over the past few years, and away from the old "US sports" style chanting that was just copied from what we saw on TV. In fact, it's been organic with those British promotions helping to create a British wrestling 'identity' instead of, again, just being a copy of US TV products. 

I agree with you that the darts type of atmosphere created at ICW/PCW/Progress etc is a big part of what is fuelling the success domestically. Its kind of the romanticised idea of what football crowds used to be like albeit with less knobheads and at a reasonable price that younger people can afford.

There is such a big difference between the Brit Wrestling shows and the post-Raw Mania 'we are frustrated' crowd . At most Brit shows the crowd work really hard to to support the show rather than overrun it and in my experience do not get involved with the boo the faces/cheer the heels dynamic which WWE have created.

I love that there are now plenty of wrestlers on the Brit scene who are brilliant at this and that is why imports are becoming increasingly secondary in some uk promotions. The ones who learn to play along with it and encourage it will get booked everywhere because we as fans, even the so called 'smart' ones, want to be worked.

Good episode, I'm gonna enjoy these post-Takeover episodes, just love the different feel and reactions and 10k+ people just shits on full sail all day long.

Jordan & Gable must be the story of NXT as a 'promotion'. No tag team name, unmemorable music, unmemorable entrances, they got over completely off their own natural ability and charisma and they look like megastars and their matches are always a blast. Loved the complete disinterest in the Hype Bros too

Thoughts on Elias Samson? Obvs extremely early days but looks a bit shit to me. Not that I can really fault anything he did do, it's just I'm not sure how this is gonna translate at all. And Graves made me confused having a go at him when he's clearly a heel type. Weird match, then after when he was strumming the guitar and no one could hear it was just a bit awkward

Edited by sj5522

• Awards Moderator

I liked Samson's vignettes, but it's going to be tricky going forward for him. By definition, a Drifter shouldn't really be turning up to Full Sail every week. There's something in it, maybe if they borrow some of CJ Parker's old protest-y gimmick, give him an Adam Rose-esque group of hipsters who hang on his every word, nick the old Jarrett guitar-clobbering, and… can't believe they haven't thought of this yet … make every one of his matches a Winner/Loser Leaves Town depending on whether he wins or loses.

Gable and Jordan's reaction was great, it's just a shame the commentators had to blather on over the top of it. And which one of them was the twat who thought Simon Gotch was dressed as Watson? He's The Doctor, you twat, do your research!

My predominant thought during that match, if I'm honest, was simply this: Alexa Bliss :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

• Awards Moderator

And which one of them was the twat who thought Simon Gotch was dressed as Watson? He's The Doctor, you twat, do your research!

I wonder if that was on purpose?
No, Graves was on Twitter defending himself on the basis that he has a social life. Edited by Onyx2

• 2 weeks later...

Was there an NXT show this Wednesday as usual? I see more shows have been taped but this time (unlike last few times) I'm going to avoid spoilers if I can. No idea if anything was on this week though.

Part 2 of the Best of NXT I think.

• Paid Members

They did do a thing last year or the year before where Kane and Page visited the Doctor Who experience in Cardiff... I believe Kane even wore the scarf

I just had to look this up, and the pictures more glorious than I ever could have imagined!

009_DrWho_0412-793659317.jpg