WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I'm not sure what that little rant was about

It was about mocking all the fuckwitted things you come out with. Same as this picture depicting a WrestleMania main event through your eyes:

140312_cherylfergisonS.jpg

OK, look i don't know how to say this, but I think i might be best for you to lay off whatever it is you are doing too much of.

I really have no clue what you're banging on about so I have a suggestion. Perhaps it's best we let others read about and discuss wrestlemania rather than you being a bit weird, and I ignore you. I hope that's ok with you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
And what is it with them putting the World title matches on first TWICE in a row at Mania???

The World title went on first last year because they knew it would be short since they knew Edge was hurt, just not how badly he was hurt. The World title went on first this year because they knew it would be short with a popular babyface win to pop the crowd, and openers should ideally get the crowd buzzing but not outstay their welcome and burn the fans out too early.

Perhaps having Jericho vs Punk as he opener for around 25-30 minutes, would have been a better option?

Openers should ideally get the crowd buzzing but not outstay their welcome and burn the fans out too early.

Admittedly I have no evidence, but it's just personal belief. And considering they outright moved the exact same match from last year to the preshow certainly dosen't convince me otherwise.

But last year was a totally different situation. Matches often get bumped to pre-show and in that case it likely was due to timing, but they're not gonna do that to their World title match, that's just stupid.

Exactly. It could be that the ONLY reason it didn't get bumped to pre show was because it was for the World Title. So realising it was for the world title they did the next best thing.... cut it down to 18 seconds.

I don't see how the fact it wasn't completely bumped off gives credit to the idea that a 18 second victory was planned this entire time.

Don't get me wrong... I appreciate that sometimes matches need to be cut / cut down on the PPV. And if you look at the entire card... logically this was the only one they could do it to due to Bryan character being positioned as a underserving heel champion. I just think it's a shame.

• Moderators

I only just suddenly thought of this last night, but it was a shame not to see Vince.

It would be nice to see him, just for Wrestlemania. I know he took himself off TV a while back, but it only just ocurred to me that I haven't seen him at all for ages.

Is there any more to it other than him just not wanting to show his face?

• Paid Members
I only just suddenly thought of this last night, but it was a shame not to see Vince.

It would be nice to see him, just for Wrestlemania. I know he took himself off TV a while back, but it only just ocurred to me that I haven't seen him at all for ages.

Is there any more to it other than him just not wanting to show his face?

You're not the only one. A mate phoned me about Raw last night and we got yapping away and he said "does Vince turn up anymore?". We both agreed that he should get back on screen ASAP. He was excellent during the CM Punk segments last year, making Punk look like the Don.

Sadly, it looks like Triple H is the on screen face of the board room.

• Paid Members
Admittedly I have no evidence, but it's just personal belief. And considering they outright moved the exact same match from last year to the preshow certainly dosen't convince me otherwise.

But last year was a totally different situation. Matches often get bumped to pre-show and in that case it likely was due to timing, but they're not gonna do that to their World title match, that's just stupid.

Exactly. It could be that the ONLY reason it didn't get bumped to pre show was because it was for the World Title. So realising it was for the world title they did the next best thing.... cut it down to 18 seconds.

I don't see how the fact it wasn't completely bumped off gives credit to the idea that a 18 second victory was planned this entire time.

Don't get me wrong... I appreciate that sometimes matches need to be cut / cut down on the PPV. And if you look at the entire card... logically this was the only one they could do it to due to Bryan character being positioned as a underserving heel champion. I just think it's a shame.

They could have easily have shortened the Divas match, Kane/Orton, Dropped Funkasaurus 7 those stupid pointless musical intros for Cena/Rock.

Yup it had impact, however, if you don't know the characters (oops theres that word that makes your blood boil again - try and remain calm!) how will they know he's a cocky fucker?? As dirty eddie just said, it was just a big bloke blindsiding a small bloke. At least if they were given a little bit of time they could have showed their character more. As much as I think i personally (again not speaking for everybody as you might want to suggest) would have felt short changed by eddies suggestion, at least someone who had never seen either of them before could have understood that Bryan was a prick and deserved a kick in the face.

Wrestlemania is not there to build characters and storyline, it's there for the climax of it. If they wanted to know the back story and the wrestlers characteristics, they should have watched the Raws/Smackdowns leading up to Mania.

I honestly don't know what your arguement is. Wrestling is to be viewed as entertainment. If your mate wasn't entertained by the 18 second squash match, so the fuck what, others were. Some are saying that the HHH/HBK/Taker match was the best thing since slliced wrestling, others might not see it that way. It's about personal opinion, and you can't please everyone.

• Paid Members
How is it different from the band anology? They advertised that I would see a match between Sheamus and Bryan and i got 18 seconds. It's exactly like advertising a band and then only letting them play for 30 seconds.

No its nothing like that at all. Nobody advertises a band and then only lets them play for 30 seconds. Nobody. Ever. However, in a fight environment, there have been wrestling, boxing and MMA matches that have been advertised that are over in under a minute. Sometimes boxing main events are over in the first round. The main event, not the opening match on the card. Its nothing like your band analogy, because in any fight environment, be it wrestling or legit, there is always the chance that the fight could be over after 1 punch. That's always a possibility. There is never a possibility that somewhere would book a band to play for 30 seconds. Your analogy is fucking shit. You had made a somewhat decent one earlier with the band thing, saying someone can go to see a band and been impressed by the support act, but that's where the comparison stops.

Yup it had impact, however, if you don't know the characters (oops theres that word that makes your blood boil again - try and remain calm!) how will they know he's a cocky fucker??

Wrestling is primarily a kids show. We're all fans who really should have grown out of it by now. The characters on the show and generally pretty black and white. There is fuck all layers to any of the characters anymore. The Sheamus v Bryan match had everything you needed to know about the characters in there. Its was a perfect little snapshot of them. Between Bryan's entrance and stopping to kiss his girlfriend AFTER the bell had rung, should be enough for anyone to see that he is a cocky, arrogant and smug little shit. Sheamus just looks like a badass ass-kicker. That's it. That's all you need to know. The only thing missing would be that they didnt really show how Bryan is a chickenshit, but enough would have been conveyed to the audience. Your mate not being able to gather this information from what is being presented in front of him is his own fault. And to be honest, your mate sounds like a fucking moron anyway.

I mean:

asked if cody rhodes was dusty rhodes son why he wasn't fat

How stupid can someone get?

Archived