The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
What the fuck? I did that shit, honestly, why would I lie?

Why would you admit to it is probably a better question.

I think people are trying to give you the benefit of doubt here as they think these actions make you sound like a total moron.

And the reference is Clerks. You should watch it if you haven't, sounds like you could relate to it a lot.

• Paid Members
I don't get it. Come on guys this is well annoying, it's literally impossible to prove that stuff happened (not that it's especially remarkable) I just spent like 5 pages going on about how much I love the first 2 Terminator films, is it that unrealistic that I'd tell a guy not to get number 3 first? I don't get it.

So, some berk on a forum you go on tells you that he threatened someone with a fire extinguisher when working in a video shop - the same video shop where he refused to serve someone because they hadn't watched some films that he liked, which his boss laughed off as a bit eccentric, and you believe that wholesale, do you?

Here, I've got some of these beans.....

• Paid Members
I don't get it. Come on guys this is well annoying, it's literally impossible to prove that stuff happened (not that it's especially remarkable) I just spent like 5 pages going on about how much I love the first 2 Terminator films, is it that unrealistic that I'd tell a guy not to get number 3 first? I don't get it.

So, some berk on a forum you go on tells you that he threatened someone with a fire extinguisher when working in a video shop - the same video shop where he refused to serve someone because they hadn't watched some films that he liked, which his boss laughed off as a bit eccentric, and you believe that wholesale, do you?

Well if my options are to be a liar who doesn't even make up exciting lies or a guy who was a stupid cunt 8 years ago I guess I'll pick the second option, at least it's true.

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• Paid Members

The video shops round our way mostly had fat cunts and blokes with shit tattoos working on the desk. If someone threated me with a fire extinguisher for trying to rent Thunder In Paradise II, there would be hell on round our way. It would have been in the echo and all sorts. Its a lose/lose situation. If its not true, then why make it up? If its true, what spacker would do that?

Did I ever tell you about the time I found a Japanese washing powder box with my head on it, in a skip?

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Awards Moderator

I'm going to interject here and post a comment in between the, oh, I haven't got a fucking clue what I'm on about.

Anyway, bollocks to all your stuff that's come in the list so far; Away We Go won't come first in this but it really sodding should.

When you put it like that it does sound ridiculous, but I worked part time at Choices Video for 5 years and I have seen similar stuff go down. To be honest someone caring enough to refuse to rent something to someone is way more unlikely than coming to blows with customers in my experience. No idea what caused staff some to go postal though as I always thought the job was pretty sweet, hence hanging around there for so long.

As for the managers laughing it off, the long hours and low pay for anyone full time meant they really didn't care and would let so much stuff slide because it would mean more work for them with no extra pay for covering shifts/training someone up/hassle from head office after firing someone, so would just cover stuff up.

• Paid Members
Surprised at the popularity of action films so high up the list, I don't know anyone who likes them really, except for teenage boys. Are the votes based on nostalgia (as the dates of the films suggests) or have these films got artistic qualities that I've been missing?

I'm shocked there's not more romance films set on a petrol station forecourt in the top 10 myself.

• Paid Members

When you put it like that it does sound ridiculous, but I worked part time at Choices Video for 5 years and I have seen similar stuff go down. To be honest someone caring enough to refuse to rent something to someone is way more unlikely than coming to blows with customers in my experience. No idea what caused staff some to go postal though as I always thought the job was pretty sweet, hence hanging around there for so long.

As for the managers laughing it off, the long hours and low pay for anyone full time meant they really didn't care and would let so much stuff slide because it would mean more work for them with no extra pay for covering shifts/training someone up/hassle from head office after firing someone, so would just cover stuff up.

Exactly! Thank you, I never said I swung the fire extinguisher at an old woman renting gone with the wind, in a video shop you chat with people loads & have a laugh. Stuff like this isn't that uncommon. Like he said, I was the assistant manager, I got 4 pounds 85 an hour & often did 12 hour days, we did stupid stuff, it wad a doss of a job, I loved it.

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs