WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Is it definitely 30 this year? I've not heard anyone SAY it's back to 30, simply that "every superstar is eligible to enter this year". This implies we're going to get a daft odd number like 37 or 43 instead of a set 30/40.

Just because they're eligible, doesn't mean they would definitely be in it.

I think what they are basically doing is saying ALL the biggest stars will be in it without actually announcing it. By saying everybody is eligible I think they are implying all the superstars who are in matches will also be in the Rumble, to me that screams world champions too.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

RE Jericho, I was talking to NBT who used to post here last night, and he had a great idea: Jericho comes out in the high 20s, walks around the ring high-fiving fans until there are two guys left, then they charge him as he gets in the ring, he low-bridges them and wins the Rumble without touching a single guy... THEN gets on the mic and says whatever he's been building to.

RE Jericho, I was talking to NBT who used to post here last night, and he had a great idea: Jericho comes out in the high 20s, walks around the ring high-fiving fans until there are two guys left, then they charge him as he gets in the ring, he low-bridges them and wins the Rumble without touching a single guy... THEN gets on the mic and says whatever he's been building to.

I know the "rules" for the royal rumble vary from year to year, but im sure in the past that the person entering has to get inside the ring before the next wrestler comes out? Who knows though, im sure they change every year.

I know the "rules" for the royal rumble vary from year to year, but im sure in the past that the person entering has to get inside the ring before the next wrestler comes out? Who knows though, im sure they change every year.

In that case, give Jericho #30, he has no time limit to get in, because he is the last man...

I distinctly remember Del Rio of all people did this last year. He spent so much time faffing about with his fancy cars and stuff that the next competitor entered before he got in the ring.

• Paid Members

I distinctly remember Del Rio of all people did this last year. He spent so much time faffing about with his fancy cars and stuff that the next competitor entered before he got in the ring.

Yeah, it's never been a rule that you have to get in before the next guy comes out. Scotty 2 Hotty in 2002 and Nunzio in 2004 both stayed outside the ring for ages.

I think they've done a pretty good job building up this PPV actually. The Rumble match sells itself and I really don't know who is going to win it. Other than that, all three of the undercard matches at the minute have had proper storylines. Jericho's hint just adds to it.

I look forward to it.

• Paid Members

Similar to that, could have Rock win the Rumble, forcing Cena to win the Chamber. It'd be an interesting experiment to see if they can really turn the pro-Cena parts of the crowd against Rock, plus it'd be a great surprise ending. The only downside is that it'd telegraph a Cena win in a PPV title match, but that's happened plenty of times before for much worse reasons.

Archived