WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I love the aspect of 'who?' during rumbles. (no, not uncle Jim)

Early 90's featured guys i'd never heard of, but now watching them back and knowing who they are, its great fun.

I think if they feature 20 superstars, 2-3 development lads (give them a run out in front of a large crowd), 1-2 returns (taker etc) and the rest as legends, then that would be ideal for me.

I know the development idea is questionable, but if you give a couple of stand out students a 10 min run in the rumble, i can't see how that would hurt anyone, and it would cause intrigue.

I'm really looking forward to it this year, its been a while since ive been that bothered about a PPV, especially seeing as i haven't seen raw/smackdown in a month or two.

Theres easily 1 or 2 in development that may be ready for a run out.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an odd feeling Punk might win this rumble.

Laurinitis will screw him out of the title against Ziggler earlier in the night. Punk will enter at number 30 and get the win.

It'll later be revealed that Punk wasn't an official entrant because he took out some nobody (let's say Drew Mcintyre) and stole his spot.

Laurinitis will strip Punk of his mania spot and Punk will at some point manage to win it back.

You know . . . either that or Sheamus.

My favs are 2001, mostly due to Kane's badass performance plus the first ever use of hardcore weapons in a R.R match and 1992 because Flair put in a hell of a shift (and Heenan's commentary was classic).

This year, it probably will never happen, but I would love Ziggler to come out at no.1 and win. Maybe he would be in there as a consolation from the GM having screwed up his referee duties in the title match.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought last night (this is prob ridiculous) that John Laurinitus and Punk would cheat Ziggler out of the title shot and Punk will be a heel and Ziggler will leave Vickie and turn face on the night and go on to win the Rumble with an epic performance. Still prob not.

I really do see Randy Orton with a surprise entrant route, I read Christian could possibly make a return too. I agree I dont see Sheamus or Barrett winning (even though either would be a great choice) but I just don't see it.

Can't wait for it!

Calling it now

Jericho wins

think about it, all this silence and over excitement, he enters the rumble, early, goes all "YEAHHHHH WOOOOOOO" and all that, runs and runs about, then near the end, raises hell, wins. Next night, he finally breaks his silence, thus making a heel turn

How is The Undertaker's health? Can he return, win the Rumble and go on to challenge Daniel Bryan?

By this point, Daniel would have found ways of beating Big Show, Mark Henry, then Big Show and Mark Henry in a triple threat match and in a month's time he would have also remained champion after an Elimination Chamber. There's a story of the unlikely champion somehow always defying the odds, but how could he defy the odds of Undertaker at WrestleMania.

I would be far more interested in that than Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan.

Calling it now

Jericho wins

think about it, all this silence and over excitement, he enters the rumble, early, goes all "YEAHHHHH WOOOOOOO" and all that, runs and runs about, then near the end, raises hell, wins. Next night, he finally breaks his silence, thus making a heel turn

One of my friends on Facebook came up with the best scenario ever - so only two people remain and are battling near the ropes just before #30 comes out. They do the double elimination spot just as the ten second countdown begins - Jericho comes out and wins despite having done nothing. Ubertroll!

• Paid Members

I saw that same bit of fantasy booking with Jericho winning by default on another forum and I liked it a lot. Not so much that it's the right result, but just for the moment on the night itself I would love it.

They came up with that on Aftermath radio. If done right and if there is a cracking set-up, as in the rest of the rumble delivers, I wouldn't mind it. Mind you, now it has been predicted, if it did happen, it would lack a bit of the shock-factor.

If Jericho were number one, I would like to see how creative he would be trying not to instigate an exchange with anyone, and for how long he could keep it up. Could be hilarious.

I'm going for Dolph winning the belt, Punk entering as a surprise, being eliminated as number 29 through some shenanigans and then number 30 Jericho comes out grinning like a chesire cat. Perhaps Jericho vs Punk at Mania with Lauranitus in Jericho's corner, I'm just throwing stuff out.

I'm going for Dolph winning the belt, Punk entering as a surprise, being eliminated as number 29 through some shenanigans and then number 30 Jericho comes out grinning like a chesire cat. Perhaps Jericho vs Punk at Mania with Lauranitus in Jericho's corner, I'm just throwing stuff out.

cant see it being non title, as much as seing dolph in the title match at WM would be nice, to have punk vs jericho and rock vs cena on the card as non title matchs would really kill the credability of the title. How I would book it, jericho keeps silent for the start of RAW the night after he wins the royal rumble, so no one knows anything, or who he will face. Punk faces Dolph in the main event, in a rematch after some ending at RR where jonny ace was knocked out and foley takes over. Punk wins the rematch on RAW, then Jericho breaks his silence and takes punk out in the ring, then breaks his silence and announces he'll face punk at WM

Archived