WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Hornswoggle has a place in WWE as comedy characater IMO but the problem with comedy characters is that with over exposure they go stale very quickly.

Especially when they were never funny to begin with. Santino as well, he's not funny and I don't want him anywhere near the Royal Rumble.

Santino's the only consistent funny guy they have, and did an amazing job last year with the Rumble.

Surely you can't deny the crowd reaction to him last year?

That was the last time I enjoyed him. He peaked at the Rumble.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it's never been a rule that you have to get in before the next guy comes out.

It was at some point, I think it was used to explain Randy Savage in 1991.

In fairness, they have had to explain stuff for Randy Savage in several years.

Poor old Savage. He really never did get a hang of the Rumble, did he?

Anyone see Wade Barrett posting on Twitter earlier today (well, yesterday although I'm still awake so I still class it as today) that SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Papa Shango

is a guest entrant in the Rumble? Surprised there's been no mention here, unless I've missed it!

(Partial Source: PWInsider.com)

After dropping the World Heavyweight title months earlier than expected at WWE's December TLC due to a groin injury, Henry was injured once again at Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings from Tuscon, AZ.

Mark Henry is believed to have suffered a hyper-extended knee during his match with the Big Show, which will air tonight on SyFy. Henry, who has dealt with knee problems in the past, threw a punch without properly planting his foot.

A reader who watched the Australian broadcast of SmackDown (which airs a day earlier there) said it was clear that something went very wrong after Henry collapsed "like he had been shot in the thigh" and immediately exited the ring in pain. They immediately cut to commercial and the match eventually ended in a count out.

According to a script of SmackDown that has been circulating online this week, the original plan was for Daniel Bryan to attack Big Show with a chair. Show was supposed to make a comeback, chokeslam Bryan and leave him laid out. The show would then end with Henry delivering a big splash to Bryan, closing scene being Bryan destroyed in the ring.

The "For the first time EVER, every superstar is eligable for the Rumble" line has got me scratching my head. Surely its not just the lads involved in maches earlier in the evening, because the losers in the title matches entered last year and people have wrestled then entered the rumble numerous times.

Champions have also been eligable for the rumbles of the past, 1989, 1990 & 1991 off the top of my head.

So who could these mean? Am I reading too much into it? Why would they bother mentioning it, if it was no differrent to previous years? How about "injured" superstars entering?

The only other thing I pondered was if it was referring to newly signed superstars, maybe hinting at a big signing from elsewhere like a Lesnar or a lesser extent someone from TNA. Kind of a signed the morning, appeared and dominated the Rumble in their first appearance lark.

I'm watching the '92 Rumble now. Just up to where Piper's in. For some reason, he just doesn't sell Flair's moves. He doesn't seem to counter them or anything, just doesn't sell them at all. Happened with a guillotine thing on the ropes, and again with an atomic drop.

• Paid Members

They had quite a major feud going for a few months there. Maybe this was an excitable Piper's chance for dishing out a heated babyface beatdown.

They are supposedly best buds in real life, so I wouldn't read anything sinister into it.

• Paid Members

I have work in the morning too :( If this was any other event (other than 'Mania) I'd happily watch it tomorrow, but the spoilerific nature of the Royal Rumble means the second I look for a stream or video of it tomorrow, I'll be bombarded with "BIG BOSSMAN WINS 2012 RUMBLE 1ST ON YOUTUBE".

So i'm being a man and just buying it with a mate, and going to my 2nd week of work with 4 hours sleep.

I'm really looking forward to this show. I was talking about it with some friends last night and we were discussing various possibilities of what could happen in each of the matches. We reckon there'll be a tag title match thrown in there too and maybe a Divas title match too. I won't be watching it live as I don't get back to Leeds until just after 1am and I'll be heading straight to bed. I should be able to avoid spoilers all day though by just not looking for them and then going to watch the show at Fab Cafe tomorrow evening with some of my housemates for their regular Monday evening PPV screening.

My (admittedly unlikely) predictions - Ziggler wins the title with help from Johnny Ace, which sets up Punk/Ace at Mania

Cena gets twatted by Kane but wins with a roll up, then enters the Rumble late on and wins

At Mania, Cena fights Ziggler and wins the title, then you either have Cena overcoming the odds and beating Rock too and ending the night as champion or Rock wins the title in front of his hometown crowd and drops the title at Backlash or whatever the next pay per view is called

Archived