WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

In relation to the Rock/Cena match at Mania, I'd expect Dwayne to have no qualms whatsoever about losing to John Cena. He's back for nostalgic reasons, it's unlikely he'll be back permanently any time soon, so what's he got to lose by losing? Doing "the job" to Cena isn't going to effect his movie career.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a horrible feeling that John Cena is going to win the Royal Rumble after Kane beats the hell out of him. Then he'll demand he cash in his Title match it Elimination Chamber then take the Title to Wrestlemania and defend it against The Rock...

I wish this would happen. But anything that gets the title on Cena for WrestleMania would do.

• Paid Members

This post is just a bit of a brain fart I had during raw...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I remember reading somewhere last year that WWE were considering a title unification match at Wrestlemania. Now, with Jericho saying 'the end of the World as you know it', could he be referencing the World Title, and how it will be merged with the WWE title? It would make sense for him to be the one to make that happen, adding to his 'first ever undisputed champion' boast.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

After actually seeing that in plain text, Im 99.9% sure Im reading into it way too much.

Erm... HHH wins.

• Paid Members

I think we could see a bunch of returns Sunday. I'm certain Del Rio and Mysterio and Orton will be in the match. Probably Christian too. I also think there's a chance Undertaker and Triple H may both be in and cross paths reigniting the fire for WrestleMania.

What I've envisioned but probably won't happen is Jericho enters and without really doing anything is left all alone in the ring. The countdown for the next competitor hits zero and it's Undertaker (maybe even have some of those 'it begins' video bits involved implying it was Taker all along and hinting at Taker-Jericho for Mania. Undertaker and Jericho have their moment in the Rumble but Undertaker eliminates Jericho in some way and is there the lone man, the last outlaw in the ring. Countdown. Zero. Time to play the game.

Unlikely but I'd love it.

Oh and Road Dogg and 123 Kid will be surprise entrants, also cross paths and then go on to form a permanent tag team following The Royal Rumble.

The "For the first time EVER, every superstar is eligable for the Rumble" line has got me scratching my head. Surely its not just the lads involved in maches earlier in the evening, because the losers in the title matches entered last year and people have wrestled then entered the rumble numerous times.

Champions have also been eligable for the rumbles of the past, 1989, 1990 & 1991 off the top of my head.

So who could these mean? Am I reading too much into it? Why would they bother mentioning it, if it was no differrent to previous years? How about "injured" superstars entering?

- I cannot believe that it's been a year since we were hearing Del Rio talking about how his destiny was to win the Royal Rumble. Both in terms of wrestling, and personally, it is a year that has seemed to have gone by in the blink of an eye.

- After Ziggler's amazing performance at last year's RR, I'm so glad to see that he's got a WWE title match this year. If there's anybody he can put on another MOTY contender with, it's CM Punk. There are so many ways they can go with this match with the involvement of Ace.

- I really wouldn't like to say who is going to win this year's Rumble match. It really could go to anybody. Orton, Jericho, Mysterio(?), a returning Triple H or Undertaker?

- I agree with Tiger Rick and a few others' comments in the Raw thread about how weak this week's Raw was, especially for a go-home episode. However, the Royal Rumble does look like a solid card and I will be watching it.

- John Cena versus Kane should be something very different to what we usually see in a Cena match and it's one that I'm really looking forward to see.

- A few years ago people would have thought you were mad if you told them that one day CM Punk and Bryan Danielson would be headlining a Royal Rumble as WWE/World champions. As somebody who has had very little exposure to non-WWE wrestling, I did catch ROH when it was on the Wrestling Channel and I was always a fan of Danielson so it's great to see him where he is now.

- This year's RR will be the first PPV I'll have watched since Wrestlemania 27 so I'm really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Ok i've tried to work out who the 30 guys could be and this is what i came up with

The 2 below the list are people who could end up in the rumble.

1) Sheamus - Confirmed

2) Jinder Mahal - Confirmed

3) R-Truth - Confirmed

4) The Miz - Confirmed

5) Wade Barrett - Confirmed

6) Chris Jericho - Confirmed

7) Mick Foley - Confirmed

8) Santino Marello - Confirmed

9) Hornswoggle - Confirmed

10) Cody Rhodes

11) Brodus Clay

12) Kofi Kingston

13) Jack Swagger

14) Heath Slater

15) Randy Orton

16) Justin Gabriel

17) David Otunga

18) Big Show

19) Mark Henry

20) CM Punk

21) Dolph Ziggler

22) John Cena

23) Kane

24) Daniel Bryan

25) Hunico

26) Goldust

27) Hacksaw Jim Duggan

28) Epico

29) Primo

30) Ezekiel Jackson

Ted Dibiase

Road Dogg

So whats your predicted lists?

Hornswoggle has a place in WWE as comedy characater IMO but the problem with comedy characters is that with over exposure they go stale very quickly.

Especially when they were never funny to begin with. Santino as well, he's not funny and I don't want him anywhere near the Royal Rumble.

Hornswoggle has a place in WWE as comedy characater IMO but the problem with comedy characters is that with over exposure they go stale very quickly.

Especially when they were never funny to begin with. Santino as well, he's not funny and I don't want him anywhere near the Royal Rumble.

Santino's the only consistent funny guy they have, and did an amazing job last year with the Rumble.

Surely you can't deny the crowd reaction to him last year?

Santino's the only consistent funny guy they have, and did an amazing job last year with the Rumble.

Surely you can't deny the crowd reaction to him last year?

We must have completely different comedy tastes then, as I can't stand him. I didn't really think much of the ending myself, if they were going to do it at all I would have much preferred Del Rio to be alone in the ring in the middle of the match and then they could have done the spot then before continuing with the match. A comedy ending to the Royal Rumble isn't the way to go, whether it's funny or not. Pretty much all of the match and the PPV it's self was superb though, I can't fault the rest of it and wouldn't want to.

Archived