[Nominations] Greatest Moment of 2011

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Tough call this one, a lot of worthy moments. These 3 nabbed it for me though:

20idvmh.jpg

Many look back on the big CM Punk angle of the summer and say they never really felt it was going to be a big deal. It could have been this or the first big promo nominated here but, this moment really felt like it was an iconic one as soon as it happened i imagined it being used in footage over and over and over again in WWE in future. It's incredible to think back to how exciting it was watching these events unfold, the general buzz among the wrestling world and the positive feelings about WWEs direction at this time. And being absolutely desperate to experience what was going to happen next. An absolutely magic finish to a glorious show.

2zsb5hy.jpg

I fondly remember the debate over this segment at the time and how many hated it. I thought it was tremendous. Two complete masters doing an amazing job of telling the whole story within moments, setting up their match, creating instant anticipation without uttering a single word just through their movements and mannerisms, which is exactly what wrestling is all about. And neither had been on tv for months. Loved it. Especially this bit.

2dbrsk9.jpg

'HOLY SHIT! SANTINO'S GOING TO WIN THE FUCKING RUMBLE!!!'

Honourable mentions:- Triple H and Undertakers entrance at WrestleMania, That Tombstone, CM Punks 'spoke on the wheel' promo, 'IF I CHARGE FOR AIR, YOU KEEP YOUR BILL PAID', The Rock returns to reveal he's the WrestleMania host.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
2) The Miz's "Hate Me Now" pre-match promo video at Wrestlemania.

I wouldn't nominate quite this myself, but how brilliant was that package? It was awesome, it made The Miz look a huge deal to any casual fans. It was even better than the CM Punk one before his MITB match, which was also fantastic.

• Awards Moderator

I wouldn't nominate quite this myself, but how brilliant was that package? It was awesome, it made The Miz look a huge deal to any casual fans. It was even better than the CM Punk one before his MITB match, which was also fantastic.

Good shout, A Screen Up. If there was a Video Package Of The Year, this would win. Turned Miz into a true main eventer in my eyes.

Christian wins World Heavyweight Title at Extreme Rules

Santino nearly winng the Rumble.

HHH's Wrestlemania Tombstone and the kickout

Those were my three biggest markout moments.

I was sorely tempted to put in "The day I heard the Nitro theme tune on TV again after like a decade." from that Sky Box Office PPV preview show which showed highlights from the Nitro DVD though, because I was nearly greeting with nostalgia.

Good shout, A Screen Up. If there was a Video Package Of The Year, this would win. Turned Miz into a true main eventer in my eyes.

In all honesty Gladstone, watching that video at the time was probably the highlight of the year in wrestling for me. It was bang on, I was loving wrestling at the time and The Miz went from a wanabee to bona-fide star in that one video package in the eyes of most fans. I loved it.