What is the greatest Superhero movie of all time?

Pier Six Brawler

Greatest Superhero film of all time?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
What's the difference between in this other cut if Superman II? I have only watched whatever the version they show on TV is.

It's a much more serious/better edit, with all of Lester's slapstick bullshit cut out. It's longer too, and there are less holes in the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_II:_...hard_Donner_Cut

I always loved Superman II as a kid - but the Donner Cut makes it even better, and actually appeals to me more now as a 30+ yo. Keeps all the good bits, adds in more good bits, and takes out the 'goofy' scenes.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The greatest super-hero movie of all time is KUNG-FU HUSTLE. Hands down. Without a doubt. And if you're going to say, "Waa waa waa, it's not a superhero movie!" then you're wrong.

Runner-up is SUPER. Yes.

• Paid Members
I am also partial to Batman (1989). The wardrobe however makes it look like it's set in an alternative, gangster-ridden America

And?

Why take one portion of what I wrote out of context and then put a one-word question at the end of it?

It's not out of context, it's a standalone statement that has no relation to the comments you made after it. Do you have a problem with the fact that it makes it look like "an alternative, gangster-ridden America"? If not, then why say "however" and make it sound as though it's an issue?

• Paid Members
I am also partial to Batman (1989). The wardrobe however makes it look like it's set in an alternative, gangster-ridden America

And?

Why take one portion of what I wrote out of context and then put a one-word question at the end of it?

It's not out of context, it's a standalone statement that has no relation to the comments you made after it. Do you have a problem with the fact that it makes it look like "an alternative, gangster-ridden America"? If not, then why say "however" and make it sound as though it's an issue?

If only it were the next sentence. Oh, wait. It was:

The wardrobe however makes it look like it's set in an alternative, gangster-ridden America, and the Prince soundtrack although great does age it combined with the wardrobe.

Satisfied? No, of course not. This is the UKFF!

:rolleyes:

• Paid Members

And?

If only it were the next sentence. Oh, wait. It was:

The wardrobe however makes it look like it's set in an alternative, gangster-ridden America, and the Prince soundtrack although great does age it combined with the wardrobe.

Satisfied? No, of course not. This is the UKFF!

:rolleyes:

No I'm not satisfied because I'm not addressing whether the film has aged or the fucking soundtrack. I want to know what was wrong with the wardrobe making it look like "an alternative, gangster-ridden America". You used the word "however" so clearly you have an issue with it before any issues about whether the film has aged or not.

• Paid Members
No I'm not satisfied because I'm not addressing whether the film has aged or the fucking soundtrack. I want to know what was wrong with the wardrobe making it look like "an alternative, gangster-ridden America". You used the word "however" so clearly you have an issue with it before any issues about whether the film has aged or not.

I do apologise for my sub-standard sentence structuring and inappropriate use of an adverb, then.

• Moderators
What's the difference between in this other cut if Superman II? I have only watched whatever the version they show on TV is.

It's a much more serious/better edit, with all of Lester's slapstick bullshit cut out. It's longer too, and there are less holes in the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_II:_...hard_Donner_Cut

I always loved Superman II as a kid - but the Donner Cut makes it even better, and actually appeals to me more now as a 30+ yo. Keeps all the good bits, adds in more good bits, and takes out the 'goofy' scenes.

Cool! I gotta get on the d/l with this. Can't believe I didn't know about it before.. will definitely be watching this soon. I'm really excited about this! Totally new film yet also the same as one I love at the same time.

Hellboy 2 is fucking brilliant. The art direction is jaw-dropping at times.

Also one of the creepiest lines ever: I'm not a baby, I'm a tumour.

Is Scott Pilgrim a super-hero? Because that's a great movie.

I heartily agree with this. The Hellboy movies are hugely underloved. As you say, the art-direction is fabulous.

I'd say Scott Pilgrim does count as a superhero movie, and although I wouldn't say it's a great movie (the pacing is right off), I do like it quite a bit.

Good shout on the Hellboy films, they were both excellent.

I was always partial to a bit of Dick Tracy. I know it's ropey in places, but it's one of the few films to actually try and LOOK like a comic. The villains are great.

I was always partial to a bit of Dick Tracy. I know it's ropey in places, but it's one of the few films to actually try and LOOK like a comic. The villains are great.

I loved that film when I was young. I think I saw it three times at the cinema and my Mum bought me the novelization of it. I haven

I loved that film when I was young. I think I saw it three times at the cinema and my Mum bought me the novelization of it. I haven

• Paid Members

Not sure I'd class Dick Tracy as a superhero but what a great film. Dustin Hoffman as Mumbles had me laughing my arse off, absolutely brilliant.

But what a cast. I think sometimes I'm easily impressed when it comes to casts, but seriously - it's absolutely stunning.

Archived